I don't see why not. Your content does not look a huge amount similar to the ads.
P.S. If you wrapped a 336 x 280 around the text, instead of having a leaderboard... I'm pretty sure that will bring you quite a nice CTR.
You can see on my article here What is a Proxy server?
I have on the left a skycrapper of links to actual content and underneath is an Adsense skyscraper and on the right there is another skyscraper. I made the content links look similar to the adsense. Is that allowed?
By the way I read the Programm policy on Ad Placement this is all it says.
Which I do not see what I'm doing listed as bad there... but its worth a second opinion.Publishers are encouraged to experiment with a variety of placements and ad formats. However, AdSense code may not be placed in inappropriate places such as pop-ups, emails or software. Publishers must also adhere to the policies for each product used.
Google ads, search boxes or search results may not be:
- Integrated into a software application of any kind, including toolbars.
- Displayed in pop-ups or pop-unders.
- Placed in emails or in email programs.
- Obscured by elements on a page.
- Placed on any non-content-based page.
- Placed on pages published specifically for the purpose of showing ads.
- Placed on pages whose content or URL could confuse users into thinking it is associated with Google due to the misuse of logos, trademarks or other brand features.
- Placed on, within or alongside other Google products or services in a manner that violates the policies of that product or service.
Last edited by Keldorn; 19 September, 2009 at 09:15 AM.
Submit new proxies -
Submit new proxies -
Yes this is allowed. 3 Link Units and 3 normal ad banners so
You can even add one extra link unit But like Charles says, a nice square ad could do awesome things
I think that you may be approaching "dodgy" with the way that you've styled your sidebar. Check out this post on the Google AdSense blog, and make sure you stay safe!:
Inside AdSense: Another look at optimizations
It is not violation of google adsense. Still, that can be a problem.
It's not a direct violation but Google does want ads to be distinguishable from your own content. They will probably only pick it up if someone complains, how they deal with it once someone complains may be another matter.