Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Which adsense plugin for wordpress do you use?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Which adsense plugin for wordpress do you use?

    I have just tried to find mighty adsense and it doesn't show any results in wordpress. Strangely, their official website is now parked.

    I am looking for a new, easy plugin to install instead which is known to give good conversions.

    Which adsense plugin do you prefer for wordpress?

    Thank you in advance.

    ~ Mike
    I am also a writer for Serpholic Media. You can find some of my articles here: Serpholic Media Blog

  2. #2
    Several AdSense plugins fell by the wayside when WordPress changed the way that the editor pages worked. I think that was back in version 3.0 or 3.1. They removed some of the functions that plugin authors were using to add selections to the toolbar.

    I am using a modified version of an obsolete plugin named Advertising Manager. The editor feature for inserting ads ceased functioning, but I found a workaround that fixed the problem. I am maintaining it myself and it still does what I want, but it may reach a point where it is no longer viable. An increasing number of WordPress plugins are being abandoned by authors because of the time it takes trying to maintain them with all of the structural changes the WordPress team keeps making. Too many plugins require code changes with every new leap from the WordPress team.

    I would also like to find a new AdSense plugin for use with new sites. It needs to have the flexibility to place ads where ever I want to place them, and it needs to work from the editor pages.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    Several AdSense plugins fell by the wayside when WordPress changed the way that the editor pages worked. I think that was back in version 3.0 or 3.1. They removed some of the functions that plugin authors were using to add selections to the toolbar.

    I am using a modified version of an obsolete plugin named Advertising Manager. The editor feature for inserting ads ceased functioning, but I found a workaround that fixed the problem. I am maintaining it myself and it still does what I want, but it may reach a point where it is no longer viable. An increasing number of WordPress plugins are being abandoned by authors because of the time it takes trying to maintain them with all of the structural changes the WordPress team keeps making. Too many plugins require code changes with every new leap from the WordPress team.

    I would also like to find a new AdSense plugin for use with new sites. It needs to have the flexibility to place ads where ever I want to place them, and it needs to work from the editor pages.
    Actually, my older blogs still have mighty adsense and it works. If you find something good, please let me know. Something simple. Not too intrusive. Skyscraper in sidebar, 2 ads in the posts. That's about it.
    I am also a writer for Serpholic Media. You can find some of my articles here: Serpholic Media Blog

  4. #4

  5. I prefer not to use an AdSense plugin at all. I would rather manually put in the code rather than rely on a plugin.

    A plugin could theoretically automatically replace your adsense code with someone else's code--thus you wouldn't get credit for clicks.
    Need links? Try AuthorLinks where you can buy or sell links based on Authorship and Klout score. Check out my blog or like me on Facebook.

  6. #6
    Few years back, I was banned from adsense.
    Could never regain my account or even start a new one.

    But we are moving, so I might try again to set up an account.
    And put adsense on my blogs.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by iowadawg View Post
    Few years back, I was banned from adsense.
    Could never regain my account or even start a new one.

    But we are moving, so I might try again to set up an account.
    And put adsense on my blogs.
    For what i know if you got banned, the only possible way is to register a business account. You just need to have an LLC or something.

  8. #8
    For the sidebar placement you can use the text widget from the admin area.

    You can edit your theme to insert Ads above the posts. You can do this from the Admin area in say the index.php template.

    For in-content Ad insertion, you want a plugin that counts the paragraphs and makes sure not to violate the Adsense TOS by inserting too many Ads into archive and post list pages. Or the plugin might use a token that you insert into posts, and the plugin replaces the token with the Ad code.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Instead of plugins, use an include statement to insert the adsense code and store each ad unit into a separate text file with the php extension i.e. ad1.php

    Code:
    <?php include("ad1.php"); ?>
    Here's an example of a website using PHP include to insert the ad units: Misa Campo | Misa Campo Biography on her career and life.

    How to add Google AdSense code into to the WordPress Loop

    Look for loop on the index page:

    Code:
    <?php if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
    To insert the ad unit between the post title and post. The Google AdSense ad unit will be placed in only the first 3 posts.

    Code:
    <?php  if ($wp_query->current_post < 3) { ?>
    <?php include("ad1.php"); ?>
    <?php } ?>
    Read more:
    How to add a Google AdSense link unit to the WordPress Loop | ButlerBlog

    To wrap the text to left of the ad, add your adsense code in between these lines

    Code:
    <div style="display:block;float:right;margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px;"> 
    
    Your Adsense ad script  
    
    </div>
    Read more: How To Add Adsense In Wordpress - Wrap Adsense Ads With Content

  10. Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    Instead of plugins, use an include statement to insert the adsense code and store each ad unit into a separate text file with the php extension i.e. ad1.php

    Code:
    <?php include("ad1.php"); ?>
    I also do this sometimes on html sites. It's then convenient to create different files with various ad sizes for simple handling like ad728x90.php.

    On WP either the sidebar widget or just insert the ads manually into the template files code. But sometimes the plugins come in handy as they allow to put the ads within the post content, after the first/second paragraph.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •