Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: adsense trick (watch out)

  1. #1
    SonnyCooL's Avatar
    SonnyCooL is offline HeeHa
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melb/Malaysia
    Posts
    920
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 92 Times in 78 Posts

    adsense trick (watch out)

    If you enable allowed Sites in adsense and you forget to add approve url, no worry, adsense will still appear on the site, just no payment for you

    Just figure out cause one of my site with click and traffic but no payment

  2. Thanked by:

    bogart (22 February, 2011), GeeOne (22 February, 2011)

  3. #2
    Mike30's Avatar
    Mike30 is offline Looking Forward...
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    @ Wihee
    Posts
    158
    Blog Entries
    18
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
    Something similar happened to me some time ago. I was displaying ads
    on a page, but not earning from it. not eve a penny from that page.

  4. #3
    goldstone's Avatar
    goldstone is offline Unknown Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    where do we find this option in adsense?

  5. #4
    SonnyCooL's Avatar
    SonnyCooL is offline HeeHa
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melb/Malaysia
    Posts
    920
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 92 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldstone View Post
    where do we find this option in adsense?

    under adsense setup, at right corner "Allowed Sites"

  6. #5
    garfish's Avatar
    garfish is offline I'm Not Sure.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    848
    Blog Entries
    12
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked 57 Times in 54 Posts
    even when you put those links in the channels? and that i still have to chose Only allow certain sites to show ads for my account to get paid?

  7. #6
    SonnyCooL's Avatar
    SonnyCooL is offline HeeHa
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melb/Malaysia
    Posts
    920
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 92 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garfish View Post
    even when you put those links in the channels? and that i still have to chose Only allow certain sites to show ads for my account to get paid?

    this is what i suspect ....
    cause my site is running for few month, ad channel show few hundred pageview daily and few click weekly but estimate earning is always zero ...

  8. #7
    shoeb000 is offline Dentist Web-Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    P.C. Chair
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    This is really weired. I haven't expected any such thing from Adsense.
    They are the highest paying brand in Contextual advertising. How could they do this?

  9. #8
    Mike30's Avatar
    Mike30 is offline Looking Forward...
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    @ Wihee
    Posts
    158
    Blog Entries
    18
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeb000 View Post
    This is really weired. I haven't expected any such thing from Adsense.
    They are the highest paying brand in Contextual advertising. How could they do this?

    I guess is a method of getting paid from advertisers without paying to publishers

    ~Mike

  10. #9
    tmongy's Avatar
    tmongy is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    299
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked 102 Times in 68 Posts
    I think you guys are misunderstanding the settings here.

    You have two options:

    1. "Allow any site to display ads for my account" (The Default)

    In this case, any website, even if you don't own it, that displays your ads and gets a click, you would get the earnings and get paid. That, however, also means that you could be penalized if someone decides to use your publisher id on a p0rn site or something. So it's always a risk.

    2. "Only allow certain sites to display ads for my account"

    In this case, you must specify in the text field all the sites you want to "allow" to display ads using your publisher id. Now, if you don't list a site here, and the site has ads with your id that get clicked, you don't get paid (and according to google the advertiser doesn't pay for the click either). This makes perfect sense, because you would use this setting to protect yourself from someone misusing your publisher id. Now, if someone uses your publisher id on a p0rn site, google will not penalize you and your adsense account will not be at risk since you didn't add that site to your "allowed" list.


    So, it's not really an "Adsense Trick" or some sort of Google scam or anything like that. Just a simple setting made for the publisher's convenience.

  11. #10
    garfish's Avatar
    garfish is offline I'm Not Sure.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    848
    Blog Entries
    12
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked 57 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmongy View Post
    I think you guys are misunderstanding the settings here.

    You have two options:

    1. "Allow any site to display ads for my account" (The Default)

    In this case, any website, even if you don't own it, that displays your ads and gets a click, you would get the earnings and get paid. That, however, also means that you could be penalized if someone decides to use your publisher id on a p0rn site or something. So it's always a risk.

    2. "Only allow certain sites to display ads for my account"

    In this case, you must specify in the text field all the sites you want to "allow" to display ads using your publisher id. Now, if you don't list a site here, and the site has ads with your id that get clicked, you don't get paid (and according to google the advertiser doesn't pay for the click either). This makes perfect sense, because you would use this setting to protect yourself from someone misusing your publisher id. Now, if someone uses your publisher id on a p0rn site, google will not penalize you and your adsense account will not be at risk since you didn't add that site to your "allowed" list.


    So, it's not really an "Adsense Trick" or some sort of Google scam or anything like that. Just a simple setting made for the publisher's convenience.
    this is also what i understood from the start. where my ads will also be displayed in blogger even when i just auto set it up the blogger settings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Godaddy Domain Renewal Trick
    By Andy101 in forum Domaining
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12 December, 2010, 12:08 PM
  2. htaccess trick to keep spambots and leachers away
    By anantshri in forum Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7 April, 2010, 05:00 AM
  3. Cool Apple OS X Trick
    By airforce12 in forum Community Building
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21 March, 2010, 16:02 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20 August, 2009, 21:47 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20 June, 2009, 00:29 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •