Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: No Meta Information, in line with Adsense TOS?

  1. #1

    No Meta Information, in line with Adsense TOS?

    Are sites without meta information, that is without keywords or description against Adsense TOS?

  2. #2
    Of course not. In fact, I don't usually use meta keywords (it's useless anyways) and meta descriptions often aren't even used for search queries (it's just a suggestion, Google especially would likely pull a snippet from your page most relating the the query instead).

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mdvaldosta View Post
    Of course not. In fact, I don't usually use meta keywords (it's useless anyways) and meta descriptions often aren't even used for search queries (it's just a suggestion, Google especially would likely pull a snippet from your page most relating the the query instead).
    Thanks a lot for the info. You have confirmed what I had suspected, and thus I will put less effort, if any, into keywords and description.

    Cheers,
    H.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Habaku View Post
    ...I will put less effort, if any, into keywords and description.
    If you're trying to please Google, then paying less attention to meta keywords will save you some time. However, you can use the meta description to your advantage. I often write some text that encourages people to click on the URL. You can do this with your title tag of course, but you can elaborate on the title in your description and say something that might make the user more likely to check out your site.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Habaku View Post
    Thanks a lot for the info. You have confirmed what I had suspected, and thus I will put less effort, if any, into keywords and description.

    Cheers,
    H.
    The keywords and description meta tag help with the adsense ad targeting. So they are useful to have.

  6. #6
    you can elaborate on the title in your description and say something that might make the user more likely to check out your site.
    This is both correct and important. The description doesn't matter for adsense terms and conditions, and the description isn't always used in the SERPS, but it often is - and a carefully worded description is a great opportunity to increase click through rate to your site.

    Likewise, as Bogart says, as they help with ad targetting it's also a good thing to have them.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heartbeat City
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Habaku View Post
    Are sites without meta information, that is without keywords or description against Adsense TOS?
    Using no meta information is not against AdSense TOS. But I think meta tag is not useless. Search engines may crawl sites according to meat description and keyword.
    Last edited by Diesel; 27 October, 2009 at 11:22 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    The meta information is also very useful for sites that are heavy on images and have little written content.

Similar Threads

  1. command line or cron job ?
    By SonnyCooL in forum Managing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26 October, 2010, 17:13 PM
  2. In-Line Ads good?
    By Hol Mohida in forum Monetizing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10 October, 2009, 02:02 AM
  3. Adsense Payee Information
    By tmongy in forum AdSense
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15 May, 2009, 05:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •