Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Question for the AdSense Big Time Money Earners

  1. #1
    elbandelero's Avatar
    elbandelero is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    544
    Thanks
    209
    Thanked 105 Times in 79 Posts

    Question for the AdSense Big Time Money Earners

    OK, provocative title, and I guess anyone who is making decent money from AdSense can reply. Let's set the benchmark at anyone who is making more than $500 per month on a single site from AdSense. Kudos to you if you are.

    Here's the question, it's really simple.

    Once you've found a keyword niche that you believe pays well, and you setup a blog with AdSense, how many posts do you need on the site? And does the quality of the post/content matter? In other words, do you employ cheap writers to write 40-50 posts in the niche, and you don't care about the quality as long as the keywords are in the content, or is it more involved than that.

    Forget about backlinks for the moment, let's just focus on content and keywords.

  2. #2
    DickTracy is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 19 Times in 12 Posts
    I never had much luck with throwing 50 poor quality articles on a site, perhaps just because it was never very easy to get links for the site, so the sites didn't do well and I lost interest.

    My best success comes from sites I enjoy doing, and for which I write quality articles myself. I might sound like Matt Cutts when I say it (sorry), but it really is best in the long term if you can get to the stage where people link naturally (I don't really do much SEO / keyword analysis etc, probably should do more, but I don't find it very interesting).

    (Incidentally, if travel sites are your main thing adsense is pretty much never the best way to make money)

  3. Thanked by:

    elbandelero (4 October, 2009), robjones (3 October, 2009)

  4. #3
    ruben's Avatar
    ruben is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    378
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 56 Times in 47 Posts
    You want quality articles to have returning visits logical, I buy quality articles for 25$ each

  5. Thanked by:

    elbandelero (4 October, 2009)

  6. #4
    Diesel's Avatar
    Diesel is offline DJuice Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heartbeat City
    Posts
    180
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 48 Times in 43 Posts
    Not only quality unique content and high paying keywords, but also your professionally designed website and ad placement are very important to attract visitors and increase CTR.

  7. #5
    Will.Spencer's Avatar
    Will.Spencer is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,010
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,258 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elbandelero View Post
    Once you've found a keyword niche that you believe pays well, and you setup a blog with AdSense, how many posts do you need on the site? And does the quality of the post/content matter? In other words, do you employ cheap writers to write 40-50 posts in the niche, and you don't care about the quality as long as the keywords are in the content, or is it more involved than that.

    Forget about backlinks for the moment, let's just focus on content and keywords.
    We really can't forget about backlinks, because backlinks figure heavily in the decisions about content quality.

    Good content brings natural backlinks; lower quality content doesn't. Therefore, if you use lower-quality content you have to spend more on promotion -- if everything else is held equal.

    Keywords are absolutely critical either way, if search engines are going to be the traffic source.

    Lately I've been focusing on heavy keyword research and buying exact match com/net/org domains. Having an exact match com/net/org domain is like getting 100 free backlinks to start. Of course, that bonus only helps with one keyword -- which is why I've registered something like 400 domains recently.

    For sites targeting more than one keyword, backlinks are far more critical.

    To get those backlinks, I'd focus on quality content. Heck though, I know that a lot of my pages aren't up to spec. That's an area of serious concern for me. A lot of the articles currently on my sites are going to be recycled for use in article marketing and replaced with higher-quality articles.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  8. Thanked by:

    dmi (4 October, 2009), elbandelero (4 October, 2009)

  9. #6
    elbandelero's Avatar
    elbandelero is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    544
    Thanks
    209
    Thanked 105 Times in 79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    To get those backlinks, I'd focus on quality content. Heck though, I know that a lot of my pages aren't up to spec. That's an area of serious concern for me. A lot of the articles currently on my sites are going to be recycled for use in article marketing and replaced with higher-quality articles.
    Interesting perspective, and that little nugget of info is gold. I say that because if I look at your sites, and know that you are a serious AdSense earner, then I'd assume junk pays. So are you going to convert poorly written articles to;

    a) prevent earnings from falling or
    b) increase earnings

    In other words, if you do nothing, do you see your earnings staying the same, or falling?

  10. #7
    TopDogger's Avatar
    TopDogger is offline Über Hund
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hellfire, AZ
    Posts
    2,946
    Thanks
    341
    Thanked 883 Times in 671 Posts
    I agree that quality content is important. I currently pull in $300 to $500 each month through AdSense and do struggle to come up with quality content.

    However, I do know someone who pulls in several thousand dollars each month from AdSense by focusing on mediocre and crappy articles with unique content, plus a heavy focus on SEO. His theory is that you need to focus primarily on search engines to drive traffic. Once users find the site and determine that the content is crap, they are highly likely to click on an AdSense ad to find better information.

    I'm not advocating this approach, but I thought I would toss it in there. I can write a few good articles per day, while he can post dozens of crappy articles. His sites drive much more traffic than mine.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin


  11. Thanked by:

    elbandelero (5 October, 2009)

  12. #8
    budhi1976's Avatar
    budhi1976 is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    372
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 71 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    I can write a few good articles per day, while he can post dozens of crappy articles. His sites drive much more traffic than mine.
    I am afraid I have to agree with this dozens of crappy articles submission technique, since article marketing is still working very well for driving traffic to your website, some will choose to create or outsource dozens of crappy articles because they drive more traffic.

    However, I don't think this method will drive traffic consistently... I mean, internet users are still humans, they can judge and choose high quality contents over crappy contents. So the best way to drive traffic to your website is..... hehehe it's for you to decide...

  13. #9
    Will.Spencer's Avatar
    Will.Spencer is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,010
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,258 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elbandelero View Post
    I say that because if I look at your sites, and know that you are a serious AdSense earner, then I'd assume junk pays.


    Guilty as charged! (Unfortunately)

    Quote Originally Posted by elbandelero View Post
    So are you going to convert poorly written articles to;
    a) prevent earnings from falling or
    b) increase earnings
    In other words, if you do nothing, do you see your earnings staying the same, or falling?
    I am going to improve content quality to gain backlinks faster and cheaper, so I guess that's answer B.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  14. #10
    elbandelero's Avatar
    elbandelero is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    544
    Thanks
    209
    Thanked 105 Times in 79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    However, I do know someone who pulls in several thousand dollars each month from AdSense by focusing on mediocre and crappy articles with unique content, plus a heavy focus on SEO. His theory is that you need to focus primarily on search engines to drive traffic. Once users find the site and determine that the content is crap, they are highly likely to click on an AdSense ad to find better information.
    Thanks for your thoughts. Following people like Will or Grizzly, they seem to use poor quality articles and a lot of SEO/backlinks, and they make an enormous amount of money.

    Will has said he's going to improve the quality of his articles, so that he can increase backlinks naturally, the implication being that better quality articles will do more for him in the long term than poor articles. His strategy of starting with poor quality articles and SEO, and then rewriting the content once he's making good money seems like a strategy we could all follow. So let me put it to the experts;

    Is it a good strategy to use cheap writers/poor quality articles, or to spin articles in the initial stage of developing a site, let's say upto several hundred articles for the site? At the same time we'd submit articles to directories, make comments on blogs, and do anything we can to get backlinks, and then once earnings have reached a few hundred dollars per month, rewrite the articles so that the site becomes an authority.

    Is that a workable strategy, or is there more to it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Keyword Research Question for Big Time AdSense Earners
    By elbandelero in forum Keyword Research
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13 October, 2009, 04:29 AM
  2. Adsense Question: More Luck Here?
    By Habaku in forum Web Proxies
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30 September, 2009, 12:21 PM
  3. Question about Adsense?
    By Airball in forum Monetizing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31 August, 2009, 03:03 AM
  4. Adsense question
    By akki313 in forum AdSense
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 24 August, 2009, 18:04 PM
  5. Question about General blog and AdSense
    By elbandelero in forum AdSense
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 28 January, 2009, 15:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •