Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Why Schools Are Ruining Your Monetization Attempts

  1. #1
    gavenecko's Avatar
    gavenecko is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Las Cruces New Mexico
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts

    Why Schools Are Ruining Your Monetization Attempts

    You read the title correctly. Schools, specifically elementary schools, are ruining your attempts to make money from adsense and other types of ads.

    Unfortunately, teachers are teaching children to NEVER CLICK ADS. They claim that they give viruses. Which some ads do, but not google ads.

    I think its really important to inform children about why ads are used and why they are in place; not teach them that if they click them the computer will crash and burn.

    ** I also just realized that a better title here would be, "Why schools MAY be ruining your monetization attempts."

    Share your thoughts.

  2. #2
    kentuckyslone's Avatar
    kentuckyslone is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Funny while at the same time they expose children in school to ads for soda, shoes, etc. Yeah I think a big bright pop machine is an ad, not to mention the stuff they watch on TV while in school.
    Have Some Fun and Laugh at The Crazy Hillbilly ~^~ Freaky Ouija Board Stories!

  3. #3
    gavenecko's Avatar
    gavenecko is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Las Cruces New Mexico
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyslone View Post
    Funny while at the same time they expose children in school to ads for soda, shoes, etc. Yeah I think a big bright pop machine is an ad, not to mention the stuff they watch on TV while in school.
    Yes, but that doesn't involve clicking or "getting a virus." I think its amusing. Even I was taught in school not to click ads. My siblings are taught that. And every other child I know in my family is currently being taught NOT TO CLICK ANYTHING.

  4. #4
    Zash's Avatar
    Zash is offline WiredStorm.com - Lightning Fast Web Hosting
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    1,137
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 121 Times in 93 Posts
    My school uses some filtering system that works just like Adblock, so all AdSense and other ads disappear altogether :-/
    WiredStorm Hosting Solutions
    █ Lightning Fast Shared and Reseller Hosting
    █ cPanel with Softaculous and 24/7 Email (Ticket) Support
    Biodegradable Sunscreen - Unblock Facebook

  5. #5
    kentuckyslone's Avatar
    kentuckyslone is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gavenecko View Post
    Yes, but that doesn't involve clicking or "getting a virus." I think its amusing. Even I was taught in school not to click ads. My siblings are taught that. And every other child I know in my family is currently being taught NOT TO CLICK ANYTHING.
    It was an analogy and yes drinking too much soda and being taught to be brand conscious by the school is very much akin to getting a virus
    Have Some Fun and Laugh at The Crazy Hillbilly ~^~ Freaky Ouija Board Stories!

  6. #6
    gavenecko's Avatar
    gavenecko is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Las Cruces New Mexico
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyslone View Post
    It was an analogy and yes drinking too much soda and being taught to be brand conscious by the school is very much akin to getting a virus
    I don't know about that, its not a virus, but more like diseases. Diabetes, etc. Also, none of the schools I have been around/to have soda machines. Just gatorade and juice and water.

  7. #7
    gavenecko's Avatar
    gavenecko is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Las Cruces New Mexico
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zash View Post
    My school uses some filtering system that works just like Adblock, so all AdSense and other ads disappear altogether :-/
    That too. But I honestly think the majority of schools have idiots running their computer systems. I could fix the school computers before a "professional" could.

  8. #8
    kentuckyslone's Avatar
    kentuckyslone is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gavenecko View Post
    I don't know about that, its not a virus, but more like diseases. Diabetes, etc. Also, none of the schools I have been around/to have soda machines. Just gatorade and juice and water.
    As I said it was an analagy - do you know what an analagy is?
    Have Some Fun and Laugh at The Crazy Hillbilly ~^~ Freaky Ouija Board Stories!

  9. #9
    Coastercraze's Avatar
    Coastercraze is offline Net Builder Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Under powerlines
    Posts
    499
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 59 Times in 48 Posts
    Hey I think I was taught that too, but then again did I listen? Nooo my friend and I competed with who could crash the computer first
    Webmaster Forums
    Host Mist | Shared | Reseller | VPS | Dedicated
    Arcade Master - Rule the arcade!

  10. #10
    gavenecko's Avatar
    gavenecko is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Las Cruces New Mexico
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastercraze View Post
    Hey I think I was taught that too, but then again did I listen? Nooo my friend and I competed with who could crash the computer first
    Haha! I always clicked too, just to see what would happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WDServers is Ruining My Business!
    By Zash in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 6 December, 2010, 06:36 AM
  2. Password hacking attempts?
    By Abdullah in forum Announcements and Suggestions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 5 April, 2010, 04:23 AM
  3. Lets keep ruining the proxy business :)
    By ruben in forum Web Proxies
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 8 March, 2010, 07:29 AM
  4. students get back to schools?
    By Greyhound in forum Web Proxies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28 February, 2010, 17:12 PM
  5. Militants threaten to bomb schools that teaches girls.
    By Techlady in forum Politics and Religion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12 February, 2009, 23:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •