Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Why smart Pricing ?

  1. #11
    Hi SonnyCool, with your kind of sites with high volume of targeted traffic, I think you should sell your own Ad slots to related businesses in the local target areas, especially if you are being smart-priced. Or look to recruit a sales force of students or outsource workers paid on results.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy101 View Post
    Hi SonnyCool, with your kind of sites with high volume of targeted traffic, I think you should sell your own Ad slots to related businesses in the local target areas, especially if you are being smart-priced. Or look to recruit a sales force of students or outsource workers paid on results.
    yah this is what i doing now... but some how still wonder on google pricing most of the time i just love to question and see the different
    thanks

  3. #13
    From what I've read, click through rates less than 2% can be an indicator of poor traffic quality - which can lead to smart pricing.

    I'd look at doing some split testing on ad positioning, etc to find out if you can improve the CTR. Take a look at the heatmap on the Adsense site that shows ideal ad positioning, too.

    Look at using the Adsense ad filter to screen out non-relevant ads.

    Look at using Adsense section targeting tags to improve the relevance of your results.

    And do this for all your sites that have Adsense on them. One poorly performing site can affect all the rest.

    You're probably better off using relevant affiliate ads rather than Adsense, though. No issues with smart pricing, and they generally give you far greater returns over the long term.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethix View Post
    From what I've read, click through rates less than 2% can be an indicator of poor traffic quality - which can lead to smart pricing.
    That's not true, it's exactly the opposite way, very high CTR can lead to smart pricing, not low CTR.
    You can have an awesome site with great quality traffic and 0.5% CTR.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethix View Post
    One poorly performing site can affect all the rest.
    I often read that as well but I don't have that problem. My sites have a large range of eCPM between them and in between pages and subdomains within sites, so I don't believe this myth of one site dragging your whole account earnings down. Every Ad unit is evaluated on it's own merits I think.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy101 View Post
    I often read that as well but I don't have that problem. My sites have a large range of eCPM between them and in between pages and subdomains within sites, so I don't believe this myth of one site dragging your whole account earnings down. Every Ad unit is evaluated on it's own merits I think.
    Google's official position (backed by my own representative, which I know in person) stated that 1 poor performer will affect your entire account, so, 1 smart priced site will affect ALL your sites.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenron View Post
    Google's official position (backed by my own representative, which I know in person) stated that 1 poor performer will affect your entire account, so, 1 smart priced site will affect ALL your sites.
    but i facing the opposite way .....
    other domain still work, just one domain on smart pricing ...

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyCooL View Post
    but i facing the opposite way .....
    other domain still work, just one domain on smart pricing ...
    Remove the ads from the one domain on smart pricing and put them back next month. Also, put less ads with better positioning. Hopefully, the result will be the same amount of clicks but with less impressions.

    With $2-$3 a day, you have nothing to loose and maybe it will work.

    Also, try replacing the the link unit with a 728x90 ad. The leather board only shows three ads and they should be better targeted than the link units.

  9. #19
    Then there's no smart pricing, maybe just a couple of advertisers that are gone from the play.

  10. #20
    check attachment my half day traffic:
    is this smart pricing ??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Adsense Smart Pricing
    By SonnyCooL in forum AdSense
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 6 April, 2010, 10:00 AM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 7 August, 2009, 16:50 PM
  3. AdSense Smart Pricing Changes
    By Will.Spencer in forum AdSense
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22 June, 2009, 15:48 PM
  4. Smart Pricing: Search EngineTraffic
    By Karl in forum AdSense
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7 April, 2009, 17:23 PM
  5. AdSense Smart Pricing
    By Karl in forum AdSense
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6 April, 2009, 15:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •