Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Wordpress themes + Adsense

  1. #1

    Wordpress themes + Adsense

    What WP theme do you use and would suggest to get the best CTR, any live samples would be great.

    I tried WikiWP, a theme that looks like a wikipedia .. it had ok CTR but I need more % .. I'm using Quadro2 theme now, a bit changed, you can see it here Sample, Have changed links to blue, also placed them next to an image so it looks like IMAGE | AD .. I think it brings more CTR .. but still, I need better ctr, its around 3%-6% now .. thats way below what I wanted.. any help or samples what to do, I know a lot of Adsense gurus are here and could point me/us in right direction, thanks!

  2. I've had good luck with ProSense Blue from the Dosh Dosh AdSense Optimized Wordpress Themes.

    What I have really noticed though, is that the niche of the web site affects CTR far more than the design of the theme.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    I've had good luck with ProSense Blue from the Dosh Dosh AdSense Optimized Wordpress Themes.

    What I have really noticed though, is that the niche of the web site affects CTR far more than the design of the theme.
    I would think its really important that ads match your niche .. maybe thats why I have so low CTR .. because there are no ads for my niche .. I have around 2.69% CTR on non-related ads .. don't really know if I can increase this or if thats a good CTR for non-related ads.. was also thinking if I should rather sell something related to my niche than to put Adsense on..

    Thanks Will! - I'll try that theme, to see how it works

  4. I checked your site and, at least here in Singapore, I am seeing ads that match your content.

    Do you see relevant ads at Toothache Home Remedies? Perhaps there are a lack of dentistry ads in the Balkans?
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    I checked your site and, at least here in Singapore, I am seeing ads that match your content.

    Do you see relevant ads at Toothache Home Remedies? Perhaps there are a lack of dentistry ads in the Balkans?
    I was reffering to some other site of mine, some other niche , I could mention that.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Dusan View Post
    I was reffering to some other site of mine, some other niche , I could mention that.
    d'oh!
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  7. #7
    I've seen better CTR in static html sites instead of wordpress... don't get me wrong if u know what ur doing to u could mod a theme fast and get it working the way u want ... but in my case I just open dream weaver, do a css template in 5 mins and voila! a better CTR without having to install themes that get people's attention away from the content/ads

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesKl View Post
    I've seen better CTR in static html sites instead of wordpress... don't get me wrong if u know what ur doing to u could mod a theme fast and get it working the way u want ... but in my case I just open dream weaver, do a css template in 5 mins and voila! a better CTR without having to install themes that get people's attention away from the content/ads
    do you have any sample?

  9. #9
    You really cannot rely on getting a high-CTR from premade WordPress designs (designed specifically for that purpose). People will have seen the arrangements and designs before. They will no longer see the ads, because they will have trained their eyes to avoid them.

    You're better off, IMO, picking any WordPress design that takes your fancy, studying these high-CTR themes, and integrating ads appropriately. The "AdSense Management" plugin seems to be working well for me.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    I've had good luck with ProSense Blue from the Dosh Dosh AdSense Optimized Wordpress Themes.

    What I have really noticed though, is that the niche of the web site affects CTR far more than the design of the theme.
    I'm using a Dosh Dosh Prosense template and haven't had too much success with it.

    The template doesn't show any 336x280 ads on the homepage. I'm going to go back and add a couple to the loop on the index page. Perhaps that will make a difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Free] Quality FREE Wordpress Themes - Themes Zoo
    By themeszoo in forum Themes
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 21 May, 2011, 15:42 PM
  2. [Free] Free Download Wordpress Themes by Themes Warehouse (UPDATED)
    By themeswarehouse in forum Themes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17 March, 2010, 10:36 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18 October, 2009, 02:32 AM
  4. AdSense Monetization and Themes
    By elbandelero in forum AdSense
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 8 February, 2009, 10:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •