Affiliate Marketing Tips
Affiliate marketing is a very competitive and challenging field; numerous marketers try to get the upper hand every way they can, because this can determine the amount of sales and revenues they get. Let’s see how you can boost your affiliate sales and increase your income significantly.
- Benefit from the brand name. Many people who start their affiliate career choose unknown products and companies. No matter how obvious it might be, it’s a typical and common mistake that marketers do. Promoting products with a popular brand name is far easier and has much better prospects. Choose the product wisely and make sure that it’s something that interests you personally. If you cannot relate to the product or service you are selling, you cannot promote it properly. You don’t need any unwelcome uphill struggle, especially if you are an amateur.
- Do research. Keeping your eyes open will help you determine what the products that your friends prefer are. Check out what are the most common brand names that appear in journals or online and which ones are ad nauseam advertised.
- Pick products that can be found only online. This increases your chances to sell them and attract a greater number of visitors and customers. Try to incorporate coupons, free deals or other offers; they will attract customers and they are always effective and catchy.
- Use a combination of texts and banners for your advertising campaign. Don’t make your website too intrusive or flashy, because, if you overuse them, they can clutter your pages. Use well appointed banners and try to make them appealing to all.
- Make sure that you read carefully the "Partner Agreement" and terms before committing to any affiliate program. Compensation rules and overall regulations are important because they can determine your marketing campaign and prospects. Some companies have really strict rules and prohibit the use of particular brand names or logos and trademarks. Companies, sometimes, supply the affiliate marketer with already approved content that can be used in promotional campaigns.
- Do not expect a huge flood of income right away. Give yourself and your program some time and just try to place the ads and banners on your blog accordingly, until you find the most appropriate and effective mix.
I would add...
Text almost always works better than banners - the only exception in my experience has been occasional 'sale offers' banners that have managed to catch people's attention. Banners tucked away around the edges of a page have a very low success rate, however flashy they look.
Focussing on very specific products can be profitable (eg specific model of TV, particular garden plant etc)
Learn about product feeds, xml/csv/mysql/php etc - these give much more flexibility than a straight text link (I'm not even close to being expert in these things)
Just over a year ago I decided I was too reliant on adsense and started to focus on affiliates - they now make more for me then adsense. It takes time to learn - but it's time well spent.
I would add the following:
"Promote only one product at a time. When you start making solid income from that, only then it is time to move to another products."
And by the way. I'm writing my own (free) ebook about how to promote affiliate products with ppc marketing. That's why I have been away from these forums for a while.
That sounds awesome man!
Originally Posted by Desan
How far are you from completion?
Why are you giving it away for free?
Originally Posted by Will.Spencer
I think it will be finished at the end of this month. Or in early March.
I don't think I can make it good enough to be paid ebook. :D
But if I somehow can, then I will ask few bucks of it.