Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Anyone tried google affiliate program with web proxies?

  1. #1
    Greyhound's Avatar
    Greyhound is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    195
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Anyone tried google affiliate program with web proxies?

    any good news?

  2. #2
    Zash's Avatar
    Zash is offline WiredStorm.com - Lightning Fast Web Hosting
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    1,137
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 121 Times in 93 Posts
    Probably not. It logically won't work - people don't access proxies at home (usually), its either at school or work. If even somebody clicked the link, the cookie would be stored on their school/work computer where they aren't going to be buying anything.
    WiredStorm Hosting Solutions
    █ Lightning Fast Shared and Reseller Hosting
    █ cPanel with Softaculous and 24/7 Email (Ticket) Support
    Biodegradable Sunscreen - Unblock Facebook

  3. #3
    Aquarezz's Avatar
    Aquarezz is offline Master Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,852
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 591 Times in 463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zash View Post
    Probably not. It logically won't work - people don't access proxies at home (usually), its either at school or work. If even somebody clicked the link, the cookie would be stored on their school/work computer where they aren't going to be buying anything.
    I don't think Greyhound is talking about cookie stuffing Or aren't you neither?
    |Nico Lawsons

  4. #4
    Zash's Avatar
    Zash is offline WiredStorm.com - Lightning Fast Web Hosting
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    1,137
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 121 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarezz View Post
    I don't think Greyhound is talking about cookie stuffing Or aren't you neither?
    Whaaa

    No, I mean in order for affiliate programs to work - you need to buy the product on the same computer as the one that you clicked the link on. Since most people use proxies at school/work and don't buy things from those computers, it wouldn't work.
    WiredStorm Hosting Solutions
    █ Lightning Fast Shared and Reseller Hosting
    █ cPanel with Softaculous and 24/7 Email (Ticket) Support
    Biodegradable Sunscreen - Unblock Facebook

  5. #5
    Aquarezz's Avatar
    Aquarezz is offline Master Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,852
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 591 Times in 463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zash View Post
    Whaaa

    No, I mean in order for affiliate programs to work - you need to buy the product on the same computer as the one that you clicked the link on. Since most people use proxies at school/work and don't buy things from those computers, it wouldn't work.
    Whaha alright, my excuses
    |Nico Lawsons

Similar Threads

  1. Best Affiliate Program?
    By Aquarezz in forum Affiliate Marketing
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 13 September, 2011, 07:19 AM
  2. SEO Affiliate Program
    By danion in forum Affiliate Marketing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29 April, 2011, 18:48 PM
  3. Does the Google Affiliate Program Rip You Off?
    By javanx3d in forum Affiliate Marketing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27 April, 2011, 20:24 PM
  4. A new affiliate program...
    By zackink in forum Affiliate Marketing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11 June, 2010, 15:43 PM
  5. Private Affiliate Program
    By justman in forum Affiliate Marketing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7 April, 2010, 11:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •