Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Anyone tried google affiliate program with web proxies?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Anyone tried google affiliate program with web proxies?

    any good news?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    1,137
    Probably not. It logically won't work - people don't access proxies at home (usually), its either at school or work. If even somebody clicked the link, the cookie would be stored on their school/work computer where they aren't going to be buying anything.
    WiredStorm Hosting Solutions
    █ Lightning Fast Shared and Reseller Hosting
    █ cPanel with Softaculous and 24/7 Email (Ticket) Support
    Biodegradable Sunscreen - Unblock Facebook

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zash View Post
    Probably not. It logically won't work - people don't access proxies at home (usually), its either at school or work. If even somebody clicked the link, the cookie would be stored on their school/work computer where they aren't going to be buying anything.
    I don't think Greyhound is talking about cookie stuffing Or aren't you neither?
    |Nico Lawsons

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    1,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarezz View Post
    I don't think Greyhound is talking about cookie stuffing Or aren't you neither?
    Whaaa

    No, I mean in order for affiliate programs to work - you need to buy the product on the same computer as the one that you clicked the link on. Since most people use proxies at school/work and don't buy things from those computers, it wouldn't work.
    WiredStorm Hosting Solutions
    █ Lightning Fast Shared and Reseller Hosting
    █ cPanel with Softaculous and 24/7 Email (Ticket) Support
    Biodegradable Sunscreen - Unblock Facebook

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zash View Post
    Whaaa

    No, I mean in order for affiliate programs to work - you need to buy the product on the same computer as the one that you clicked the link on. Since most people use proxies at school/work and don't buy things from those computers, it wouldn't work.
    Whaha alright, my excuses
    |Nico Lawsons

Similar Threads

  1. Best Affiliate Program?
    By Aquarezz in forum Affiliate Marketing
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 13 September, 2011, 07:19 AM
  2. SEO Affiliate Program
    By danion in forum Affiliate Marketing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29 April, 2011, 18:48 PM
  3. Does the Google Affiliate Program Rip You Off?
    By javanx3d in forum Affiliate Marketing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27 April, 2011, 20:24 PM
  4. A new affiliate program...
    By zackink in forum Affiliate Marketing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11 June, 2010, 15:43 PM
  5. Private Affiliate Program
    By justman in forum Affiliate Marketing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7 April, 2010, 11:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •