Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Another SEO contest after this one?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Another SEO contest after this one?

    Just wondering if there will be another SEO contest after the current one.

    I would love to be able to participate (not going to join current one because it's already half over)

    Thanks.

  2. There will be more contests, but we're going to try to do something different with the next rankings contest. We just have to figure out what that "something" is.

    Maybe will pick some real keyword and try to do a hostile takeover -- perhaps even in a profitable niche.

    Heck, that sort of a contest might be sponsored by an affiliate marketing company.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    Maybe will pick some real keyword and try to do a hostile takeover -- perhaps even in a profitable niche.
    Great idea, as long it is not in any of my niches

    An idea would be to pick a 2 worded keyword and to register your domain has to be (keyword1)(keyword2)(number).com. For example, "webmaster information", the domains would be webmasterforum1.com, webmasterinformation2.com, webmasterinformation3.com etc. This way everyone would start on a level playing field.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    There will be more contests, but we're going to try to do something different with the next rankings contest. We just have to figure out what that "something" is.

    Maybe will pick some real keyword and try to do a hostile takeover -- perhaps even in a profitable niche.

    Heck, that sort of a contest might be sponsored by an affiliate marketing company.
    Then if this happens, the prize should be $10k or higher. So we can get more motivated!

  5. #5
    And the sponsor would get demotivated
    Quote Originally Posted by BenjArriola View Post
    Then if this happens, the prize should be $10k or higher. So we can get more motivated!
    SEO girl...


  6. Quote Originally Posted by ChillingBreeze View Post
    And the sponsor would get demotivated
    Well if an affiliate company will sponsor it, and the mechanics of the contest of course will be required to link to them. Aside from that, each competitor will also be affiliates themselves in the process. I can see a sponsor easily making money.

    V7N did a contest before with a $12k top prize. GetUpdated gave a brand new car in 2007 as the top prize. Busby SEO Solutions of Australia did their contest twice, both with $5k as the top prize so they have given away more than $10 already.

    I think the right sponsor that will know how to make the most out of the contest would be more than willing to give a large prize.

  7. #7
    Now that makes sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by BenjArriola View Post
    Well if an affiliate company will sponsor it, and the mechanics of the contest of course will be required to link to them. Aside from that, each competitor will also be affiliates themselves in the process. I can see a sponsor easily making money.

    V7N did a contest before with a $12k top prize. GetUpdated gave a brand new car in 2007 as the top prize. Busby SEO Solutions of Australia did their contest twice, both with $5k as the top prize so they have given away more than $10 already.

    I think the right sponsor that will know how to make the most out of the contest would be more than willing to give a large prize.
    SEO girl...


  8. Quote Originally Posted by BenjArriola View Post
    Busby SEO Solutions of Australia did their contest twice, both with $5k as the top prize so they have given away more than $10 already.
    I have been a participant of both Busby SEO Challenge as well as Busby SEO Test. Both was a great learning experience for me. I learned a lot from both contests.

    Will, You have told that you just didn't think that the web 2.0 websites will rank on top for keyword for long...but my "Review on RefererX" slide www.slideshare.net/guestcafa86/review-on-refererx on the 3rd position while my blogspot entry which was on the second position have now dropped. The other proof is that my sulumits retsambew webslide is ranking on 5th position after 2 months (I mean almost 2 months).

    I am expecting more contest on the way. wwe_fan don't forget to invite me to your SEO Contest.

  9. #9
    Do you know, there are good scopes of winning even if you join just 2 months before it ends.

    Roughly 5 new entries are coming everyday.

    I believe there will be many SEO contests in future after this but not necessarily sponsored by Will (or may.. just a thought). It needs money after all.

    Don't wait for another. Jump in, do good and you have the chance .


    Quote Originally Posted by GameOver View Post
    Just wondering if there will be another SEO contest after the current one.

    I would love to be able to participate (not going to join current one because it's already half over)

    Thanks.
    SEO girl...


  10. #10
    it would be great that we find some not moral site which is first on google
    and pick his keywords and destroy it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Free] $150 Contest!!
    By decipher in forum Contests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23 December, 2009, 23:09 PM
  2. [Free] SEO Contest
    By Snak3 in forum Contests
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17 December, 2009, 11:01 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 1 July, 2009, 17:37 PM
  4. Contest! What Contest?
    By Will.Spencer in forum Announcements and Suggestions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 5 March, 2009, 00:25 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28 February, 2009, 17:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •