Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Product Review Forum

  1. #1
    Kim
    Kim is offline Drunk in Public...
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 55 Times in 15 Posts

    Cool Product Review Forum

    I would like to suggest a product review forum, I am spending a lot of money online buying SEO / Webmaster / Infoproducts, and it is ALWAYS a problem finding good and honest reviews from people who actually use these programs / bought the products before your purchase.

    When searching Google all you usually find are reviews on affiliate sites which of course are not even worth the html document it's written on, as the guy who wrote the review wrote it to get you to buy it so he can make commision.

    So I propose a review forum totally free of affialite links and silly hype, where only honest reviews from real users are allowed.

    In this forum you can either just outright post your review of a product you own or you can ask if somebody else is using it / has bought it and what their opinions are.

    I feel that could help our community here and be a really cool addition to Netbuilders

  2. #2
    Desan is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    469
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 52 Times in 35 Posts
    I like your idea. And I agree, that it is hard, if not even impossible, to find honest reviews. And I think this review forum could bring many new users to NB.

    I really support this idea.

  3. #3
    Shenron's Avatar
    Shenron is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,900
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    561
    Thanked 548 Times in 368 Posts
    I really like the idea, though the "no-affiliate links" part of it goes against NB standard procedure.

    IF the review is good and not spammy, I don't see a problem in having aff links there.

  4. #4
    Desan is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    469
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 52 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenron View Post
    I really like the idea, though the "no-affiliate links" part of it goes against NB standard procedure.

    IF the review is good and not spammy, I don't see a problem in having aff links there.
    True. Why couldn't someone get credit for his/her honest review? As long as it is honest.

    And I think, that in NB, the reviews are and stay honest.

  5. #5
    Aquarezz's Avatar
    Aquarezz is offline Master Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,846
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 590 Times in 462 Posts
    Great idea! I'm PRO

    Greetz
    |Nico Lawsons

  6. #6
    Kim
    Kim is offline Drunk in Public...
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 55 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenron View Post
    I really like the idea, though the "no-affiliate links" part of it goes against NB standard procedure.

    IF the review is good and not spammy, I don't see a problem in having aff links there.
    My take is that if it's allowed to put affiliate links in, then there is incentive to bias the review a little and I think we would lose the value in totally neutral reviews.

    I know that I for one would be almost as reluctant to trust a review here with affiliate links than the other reviews I find around on review sites

    Kim

  7. #7
    Will.Spencer's Avatar
    Will.Spencer is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,010
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,258 Posts
    I am all for people posting reviews with affiliate links.

    But I never trust 'em.

    I use those to help me make a list of products and services which I want to evaluate.

    Here at NetBuilders, I have in mind a two-phase strategy for product evaluations.

    In the long term, I want vendors to donate free products to NetBuilders. The NB member who reviews the product keeps the product.

    In the short term, we don't have those vendor relationships set up yet. In the interim, I will pay people directly for detailed and honest product reviews.

    We've done this once (I paid for the product for the NB'er) and the product sucked. The review was quite clear.

    So, our ToDo's are:

    • Identify a list of products to be reviewed
    • Make contacts with each vendor
    • Pay for reviews where the product is worth reviewing and the vendor won't play ball
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  8. #8
    Desan is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    469
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 52 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    I am all for people posting reviews with affiliate links.

    But I never trust 'em.

    I use those to help me make a list of products and services which I want to evaluate.

    Here at NetBuilders, I have in mind a two-phase strategy for product evaluations.

    In the long term, I want vendors to donate free products to NetBuilders. The NB member who reviews the product keeps the product.

    In the short term, we don't have those vendor relationships set up yet. In the interim, I will pay people directly for detailed and honest product reviews.

    We've done this once (I paid for the product for the NB'er) and the product sucked. The review was quite clear.

    So, our ToDo's are:

    • Identify a list of products to be reviewed
    • Make contacts with each vendor
    • Pay for reviews where the product is worth reviewing and the vendor won't play ball
    Maybe a separate thread, where everyone can post products they would like to get reviewed?

  9. #9
    Will.Spencer's Avatar
    Will.Spencer is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,010
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,258 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Desan View Post
    Maybe a separate thread, where everyone can post products they would like to get reviewed?
    I am thinking perhaps a thread in each relevant forum. Site promotion tools don't have much in common with content building tools, etc...
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Similar Threads

  1. [WTS] Sell your product with Video ~ Review Copy
    By Sami4u in forum Services
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11 December, 2010, 16:27 PM
  2. Please review my new forum!
    By Kovich in forum Site Reviews
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10 July, 2010, 11:20 AM
  3. review our forum
    By garfish in forum Site Reviews
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12 May, 2010, 19:24 PM
  4. Need a free web hosting/product review template.
    By bullshitwebsites in forum Wordpress
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 9 October, 2009, 19:17 PM
  5. [WTS] NEED product review service
    By Jenny in forum Services
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18 August, 2009, 02:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •