Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Template?

  1. #1

    Template?

    Hi,
    What about a great template instead of this 'standard' one?
    There are some great ones...

    So... I like this one for example: SiteDeals
    But it changed very much

    Greetz

  2. #2
    I think Will is looking for someone to design a unique one, even though I kind of like the choice of color he has picked for the logo. I call it "an easy way out"
    I am also a writer for Serpholic Media. You can find some of my articles here: Serpholic Media Blog

  3. #3
    ... or "fake it til you make it".
    I am also a writer for Serpholic Media. You can find some of my articles here: Serpholic Media Blog

  4. Luis is working on the PSD now.

    He would love to hear suggestions from the members here!
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    Luis is working on the PSD now.

    He would love to hear suggestions from the members here!
    As long as it is better than DP it's good enough...
    As DP is the biggest sucky forum on the World Wide Web...
    Their banning their userbase... I mean.. you know how many people told me already to make a webmaster forum with me because they're just done with DP?
    Well, a lot

    DP wants to give quality to the community with banning people, but I don't wanna be 'the good guy' but if they're banning guys like me (+1200 posts and 50 POSITIVE iTrader and 0 NEGATIVE iTrader) it isn't very good
    Instead of giving quality to the community, their screwing the forum

    So yeah.. don't look at DP when you're building a forum...
    Look to the better quality sites (sitepoint.com, sitedeals.nl etc...)

    Greetz

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    He would love to hear suggestions from the members here!
    Anything that is friendly, and is not too hard on the eyes. Keep post text black.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarezz View Post
    As long as it is better than DP it's good enough...
    As DP is the biggest sucky forum on the World Wide Web...
    Their banning their userbase... I mean.. you know how many people told me already to make a webmaster forum with me because they're just done with DP?
    Well, a lot

    DP wants to give quality to the community with banning people, but I don't wanna be 'the good guy' but if they're banning guys like me (+1200 posts and 50 POSITIVE iTrader and 0 NEGATIVE iTrader) it isn't very good
    Instead of giving quality to the community, their screwing the forum

    So yeah.. don't look at DP when you're building a forum...
    Look to the better quality sites (sitepoint.com, sitedeals.nl etc...)

    Greetz
    maybe it is wrong to ban such member like you. but you must also follow the rules and you cant be untouchable. bans on useful members must not be permanent...

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Hellas View Post
    maybe it is wrong to ban such member like you. but you must also follow the rules and you cant be untouchable. bans on useful members must not be permanent...
    Nothing was weirder than sturat getting banned because he changed his email address and Shawn wasn't around to approve the change. sturat created a new account because he was doing a lot of business on DP and he couldn't contact his prospective customers because his account was locked until the email change was approved by the forum administrator, who had gone missing. Having two accounts caused sturat to be permanently banned. Of course, if he hadn't have created the second account, he would still be banned because of the email address change. It was a lose-lose situation.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    Nothing was weirder than sturat getting banned because he changed his email address and Shawn wasn't around to approve the change. sturat created a new account because he was doing a lot of business on DP and he couldn't contact his prospective customers because his account was locked until the email change was approved by the forum administrator, who had gone missing. Having two accounts caused sturat to be permanently banned. Of course, if he hadn't have created the second account, he would still be banned because of the email address change. It was a lose-lose situation.
    Which no Net Builder'ian should ever have to be placed in. There's no real reason why administrative approval is necessary for an email address change, in the first place.

  10. #10
    As long as the change is made to a valid e-mail address (requires verification)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Template
    By Kaustubh in forum Proxy Templates
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14 February, 2011, 20:55 PM
  2. How is this template
    By weirdnessme in forum Proxy Templates
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 14 January, 2010, 21:36 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 5 November, 2009, 01:16 AM
  4. Where can I get a similar WP template
    By ruben in forum Wordpress
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14 October, 2009, 01:56 AM
  5. [WTS] Simplemedia Template, 5$ (PSD)
    By oald in forum Themes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14 June, 2009, 10:09 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •