One tip from me:
Networking- Network with other bloggers and don't get left out. Interact with them, learn from them, take part in exchanges.
Problogger rolled out 9 goals for new bloggers. You can read the full post here: 9 First Step Goals for New Bloggers
Here's an excerpt of the list:
What do you think essential goals for new bloggers should be?1. Publish 10 Posts
2. Getting your first comment from someone you donít know
3. Get your first link from another blog
4. Build your readership up to more than 20 readers a day
5. Hit a level of 20 RSS subscribers
6. Getting your blog indexed in Google
7. Get your blog earning $1 a week (update: only if making money from your blog is one of your goals - itís not for everyone
8. First guest post on another blog
9. Having someone (not you or your mum) tweet about your blog
I personally think you should strive to improve your writing style and define a voice for your content. Personality creates quality reading. Lots of new bloggers try to copy someone else's style but they should be paving their own paths with their own ideas.