View Poll Results: Do you comply with FTC?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2 28.57%
  • No

    1 14.29%
  • Thanks for the template, I do now

    0 0%
  • FTC doesn't apply to me!

    4 57.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: FTC Blogger Guidelines Go in Effect today!

  1. Quote Originally Posted by memenode View Post
    "Our" rules.. you mean the rules of a bunch of pretentious bureaucrats who pretend to speak in your name?
    This is what you call a Republic.

    The officials have been elected by the people to speak for them. Do you "really" want to turn this into a political debate?

  2. No, because I'm apolitical (and I for one didn't elect anyone).

  3. Quote Originally Posted by memenode View Post
    No, because I'm apolitical (and I for one didn't elect anyone).
    So you do not vote? Then you have no right to complain.

  4. And you have no right to force your "elected" rulers on me either then.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by memenode View Post
    And you have no right to force your "elected" rulers on me either then.
    So your saying that laws do not apply to you?

    I can see where this is going, so why dont you stop picking a fight and get out of my thread?

  6. lets see how it goes... I think big bloggers are prepared already with disclaimer

  7. Quote Originally Posted by texashiker View Post
    So your saying that laws do not apply to you?

    I can see where this is going, so why dont you stop picking a fight and get out of my thread?
    Who's picking a fight? I'm saying I have the right to be who I am. I'm saying you have the right to be who you are. You choose for yourself and I will choose for myself. If that doesn't fit your worldview. If you feel you do have the right to force me to live according to your own opinions then you do have a problem, but indeed that's going beyond the scope of this discussion.

    What's in the scope of this discussion is that I find this FTC stuff illegitimate and discourage compliance (EDIT: actually I don't mind the idea of disclosure, I mind doing it because FTC says so rather than because you believe it's a good thing, that is, it should be your choice). That's my opinion and belief. If you can't respect that then well you don't have to say it more than once.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    does this apply to any blogger? or just to us citizens?
    The "long arm of the law" can reach out and touch you.


  9. I voted that it doesn't apply since I'm not in US, albeit I rent a server that is which it seems doesn't seem to count for the IRS so I'm guessing it might not for this either.

    But here's the thing. I actually don't mind the idea of disclosing the fact that some of what I put up may be sponsored or endorsed. It's a matter of honesty and a relationship with my readers or clients. What I do mind is a supposed governing authority dictating this as if we cannot choose for ourselves.

    If it did or does apply to me I would vote "No." for compliance, not because I disagree with disclosure, but because I disagree with doing it solely because FTC says I have to. If I do it, it's gonna be because I say so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The bystander effect
    By theboss in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11 June, 2010, 09:10 AM
  2. WC3 Validation how much effect IN SEO ?
    By kuglermd in forum Promoting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17 March, 2010, 22:31 PM
  3. The Digg Effect
    By dmi in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 3 October, 2009, 02:54 AM
  4. Does having the date effect SEO?
    By GameOver in forum Promoting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23 April, 2009, 13:27 PM
  5. Is it a blog and how does that effect promotion?
    By LogicFlux in forum Promoting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23 February, 2009, 08:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •