Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Guest Bloggers - How Do You Find Them?

  1. #1
    gloson's Avatar
    gloson is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Red face Guest Bloggers - How Do You Find Them?

    Hi guys. I have been very busy recently with my upcoming poetry book and a lot of school work. (Oh no! Exams are coming!)

    So, I cannot find the time to write and post new articles on Gloson Blog (www.glosonblog.com).

    I know there is a solution to this - guest bloggers.

    The problem is, I don't know how to find guest bloggers.

    My blog is getting about 150 visitors and 280 pageviews daily, and I don't think the guest bloggers would benefit a lot because I think the traffic is not enough.

    They would benefit more if they guest post on other bigger blogs.

    So, how do you find guest bloggers that are willing to post on your blog?

  2. #2
    Farrhad A's Avatar
    Farrhad A is offline Netbuilder
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    846
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Firstly, you need to have a great blog.
    In 90% of the cases the blogger will contact you.

    Or else you can contact some blogger.

    There are also people on forums, so just PM them and check if they would like to guest post.
    My Blog- Let's Get Talking!
    Are you on Twitter? Let's become friends!

  3. #3
    Nic SEO's Avatar
    Nic SEO is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    498
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloson View Post
    Hi guys. I have been very busy recently with my upcoming poetry book and a lot of school work. (Oh no! Exams are coming!)

    So, I cannot find the time to write and post new articles on Gloson Blog (www.glosonblog.com).

    I know there is a solution to this - guest bloggers.

    The problem is, I don't know how to find guest bloggers.

    My blog is getting about 150 visitors and 280 pageviews daily, and I don't think the guest bloggers would benefit a lot because I think the traffic is not enough.

    They would benefit more if they guest post on other bigger blogs.

    So, how do you find guest bloggers that are willing to post on your blog?
    Actually, I don't think you'll have that much difficulty getting people to write on your blog if you ask them nicely and offer them a backlink. After all, your blog is a PR3... ;p

  4. #4
    lethalboom's Avatar
    lethalboom is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    550
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I find a great way to get guest bloggers is to guest post yourself! Much like commenting, if you leave a comment (or in this case a post) on someone's blog, they're quite likely to come back to your blog and return the favour.

    Either that, or just ask

  5. #5
    CoreyFreeman's Avatar
    CoreyFreeman is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    692
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 55 Times in 47 Posts
    I'm with the "just ask" approach. I'm sure there'd be some people happy to help out.

  6. #6
    gloson's Avatar
    gloson is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic SEO View Post
    Actually, I don't think you'll have that much difficulty getting people to write on your blog if you ask them nicely and offer them a backlink. After all, your blog is a PR3... ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I find a great way to get guest bloggers is to guest post yourself! Much like commenting, if you leave a comment (or in this case a post) on someone's blog, they're quite likely to come back to your blog and return the favour.

    Either that, or just ask
    Ok. I'll ask people if they could guest post on my blog

    If I succeeded and the first guest post is published on my blog, I'll share my success story here

  7. #7
    akira07's Avatar
    akira07 is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    515
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    There is many ways to find guest blogger. One example is by just making a post and say that you're need guest blogger and write a benefit for being gust blogger on your blog. If your blog is good enough, it will be easy

  8. #8
    gloson's Avatar
    gloson is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akira07 View Post
    There is many ways to find guest blogger. One example is by just making a post and say that you're need guest blogger and write a benefit for being gust blogger on your blog. If your blog is good enough, it will be easy
    The problem is I don't think my blog is thhhaaat good. It has only 3K visitors a month and Farrhad's has 10k :P

    So, I'll go with the 'just ask' approach.

  9. #9
    akira07's Avatar
    akira07 is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    515
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Since we know, visitor will know the blog is good or no by seeing an PageRank as a indicator, why not to concentrate in increase your PR first? If you have good PR (maybe Pr2-3 is enough), you even don't need to search guest blogger, they will comes automatically

  10. #10
    gloson's Avatar
    gloson is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akira07 View Post
    Since we know, visitor will know the blog is good or no by seeing an PageRank as a indicator, why not to concentrate in increase your PR first? If you have good PR (maybe Pr2-3 is enough), you even don't need to search guest blogger, they will comes automatically
    Yeah, my blog has a PR 3. I think I'm just afraid to ask. So, I'll beat the fear now and simply go ask ;P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Find Blog Posts - find, comment, FREE backlink, FREE traffic
    By stickycarrots in forum Site Reviews
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13 June, 2011, 02:09 AM
  2. Need Bloggers!
    By volux in forum Partnerships
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7 May, 2010, 20:17 PM
  3. [WTH] Webmasters Gossip Inviting Guest Bloggers
    By Jani in forum Services
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8 October, 2009, 03:17 AM
  4. My Top 8 Most Influential Bloggers
    By Brandon in forum Blogging
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17 June, 2009, 17:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •