Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Picking The Right Blogging Platform

  1. #1
    Farrhad A's Avatar
    Farrhad A is offline Netbuilder
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    846
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Angry Picking The Right Blogging Platform

    There are many blogging platforms to choose from. All have different pro's and con's. The toughest part for a blogger is to choose the right platform. (You can always make the switch later, but things get troublesome)

    In this post I am featuring 3 of the most popular blogging platforms that you can pick.

    Wordpress (wordpress.org)
    Wordpress, popularly known as WP, is definitely the undisputed champion. It has features like:
    W3C compliant, easy to edit templates,create non-blog pages (ie. Homepage), update and maintain numerous Blog Rolls,thousands of themes available, cross-blog communication tools, comments, trackbacks, pingbacks,spam protection, optional user registration,password protect posts or pages,easy to upgrade, import from another blogging platform, allows multiple authors, bookmarklets, plugins…and the list just goes on and on.
    WP is IMO the most user friendly platform too.

    Google Blogger (blogger.com)
    Blogger is also a popular platform, it is from the big G, Google.
    Blogger has some disadvantages but Blogger one-ups WordPress with the ability to modify templates, allowing you to drag and drop 12 different page modules onto them. You can also drop in external RSS feeds such as Yahoo news feeds, AdSense ads, blogrolls, and third-party HTML and JavaScript applications (such as Meebo's IM window).

    TypePad (typepad.com)
    TypePad is a popular paid blogging platform.
    The advantages of using TypePad are: Excellent tech support; many tools and features, including Widgets; better tagging support; customizable layouts; allows for more than one author.
    Another con of this service is that it is hard to host blogs under your own domain.

    So which platforms have you used? Which have you liked best? If you have any questions about these three platforms, shoot them, and i will gladly answer them. Feel free to post below.
    My Blog- Let's Get Talking!
    Are you on Twitter? Let's become friends!

  2. #2
    anantshri is offline on leave from Net Builders : will post rarely
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    india
    Posts
    338
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 47 Times in 40 Posts
    self wordpress wordpress is one hell of a thing to work with.....


    after spending a good part of last 2 yrs building plugins (open source ) and customized for one client i am still learning a lot more about it everyday.

    and in my opinion out of blogger and wordpress. wordpress is far more superior combining it with the plugin base thats provided by wordpress.org

  3. #3
    SonnyCooL's Avatar
    SonnyCooL is offline HeeHa
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melb/Malaysia
    Posts
    920
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 92 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anantshri View Post
    self wordpress wordpress is one hell of a thing to work with.....


    after spending a good part of last 2 yrs building plugins (open source ) and customized for one client i am still learning a lot more about it everyday.

    and in my opinion out of blogger and wordpress. wordpress is far more superior combining it with the plugin base thats provided by wordpress.org
    Yah agree, wordpress is the winner for blogging and simple CMS .....

  4. #4
    Sami4u's Avatar
    Sami4u is offline Butterflies Forever
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,421
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 293 Times in 221 Posts
    Hi,

    For blogging wordpress is the winner.

    But for CSM I still like Joomla.

    Sami
    Current Celebrity Gossip Movies & More TV Site
    Find out how I'm able to get up to 420 backlinks for month, by spending 30 seconds per day...all for FREE! - Click Here

  5. #5
    xxtoni's Avatar
    xxtoni is offline xxtoni
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    353
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 42 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sami4u View Post
    Hi,

    For blogging wordpress is the winner.

    But for CSM I still like Joomla.

    Sami
    Blogging,Wordpress no argument
    CMS,Joomla...uhm "We didn’t start the flame war,
    Let the whole wide world know
    I’m a big old asshole."

  6. #6
    memenode's Avatar
    memenode is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    490
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 152 Times in 116 Posts
    I agree with Wordpress for blogging. But if you need anything further than that I vote for Drupal. Technically you can get Drupal to do everything wordpress does for blogging as well and even more, if you use the right modules.

    There's a list of free open source CMSs here and open source blog software list here if anyone wants to try a few things more than the typical recommendations.

  7. #7
    anantshri is offline on leave from Net Builders : will post rarely
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    india
    Posts
    338
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 47 Times in 40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by memenode View Post
    I agree with Wordpress for blogging. But if you need anything further than that I vote for Drupal. Technically you can get Drupal to do everything wordpress does for blogging as well and even more, if you use the right modules.

    There's a list of free open source CMSs here and open source blog software list here if anyone wants to try a few things more than the typical recommendations.

    this i could say is the 100+ times i have heard, i seriously need to get my gears up and start understanding Drupal.


    I tried once and was baffled by its simplicity in complexity.

  8. #8
    xxtoni's Avatar
    xxtoni is offline xxtoni
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    353
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 42 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anantshri View Post
    this i could say is the 100+ times i have heard, i seriously need to get my gears up and start understanding Drupal.


    I tried once and was baffled by its simplicity in complexity.
    In my opinion,Drupal vs Joomla,no competition...
    But keep in mind that even thought Drupal is more powerful,its full power is only unleashed with the right knowledge,even with just html/css you can do lots of things.

    And if you need a bit of motivation
    http://socialcmsbuzz.com/45-drupal-sites-which-you-may-not-have-known-were-drupal-based-24092008/

  9. #9
    ReformedSinner is offline SEO Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    I have always been using wordpress for the blogs that I have. Not planning to switch, yet

  10. #10
    xxtoni's Avatar
    xxtoni is offline xxtoni
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    353
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 42 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ReformedSinner View Post
    I have always been using wordpress for the blogs that I have. Not planning to switch, yet
    There is no need,most people would agree that Wordpress is the best blogging platform out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. blogging platform
    By bogart in forum Blogging
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 25 February, 2010, 14:53 PM
  2. Picking a color scheme
    By dmi in forum Web Design
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17 February, 2010, 16:37 PM
  3. Need help picking a better image
    By Mr.Bill in forum Site Reviews
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 3 June, 2009, 16:32 PM
  4. The Best Free Blogging Platform?
    By Farrhad A in forum Blogging
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 23 April, 2009, 02:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •