10 Tips About E-Mails
Here are some tips when you send/get mails... make sure to read them once this can save a lot of time!
- Always add a subject to your mail, it makes it easier for the receiver to know where the mail is about
- Don't add unnecessary attachments, think about the receiver.. does he really need the attachment or not?
- Try to avoid the exclamation mark (!), only if it's very important.
- DON'T WRITE EVERYTHING IN CAPITAL LETTERS, this ignores the reader and mostly this is seen as SPAM
- Re-read your email before sending it.. there might be some mistakes who make it very unprofessional
- Don't use smilies, business-people don't want to get thousands of :) :D :( :p in the emails..
- Remove long sentences; it's boring to read all those long sentences. Use shorter but to-the-point sentences instead
- Don't send your customers any spyware. It might be not your mistake, but you can loose big customers by adding spyware..
- Answer quickly. If your customer asks a question, try to answer within 4 hours. If it's longer than 24 hours, customers might think the company is 'dead'
- Always add the text 'Best regards, (name)'; 'Greetings, (name)' etc. at the end of your e-mail. This looks more professional and can make your customers more happy.
Hope there was some useful information in this post ;)
number 1 i really important. I hate it when the subject says : "No Subject"