Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Best Script for a Social Bookmarking site

  1. Best Script for a Social Bookmarking site

    Hello friends, Can you suggest me which script to use for a social bookmarking site? I know Pligg is the best but right now it seems that the development of Pligg has gone slow. The latest version of Pligg is 1.0.3 but I cannot find any good theme to use it. I could try any of the previous versions but still I could not find any good theme for th older versions too. Maybe you could suggest me a theme.

    Likewise I would also want to ask that are there any other script that can be used for making a social bookmarking site? Heard about PHPdug but it has only one theme available (For Free I mean).

    Please suggest me

  2. Have you looked at Drigg?

    You might also read:

    Unfortunately, theming is one area where Pligg beats Drigg -- and that's the concern you have right now.

    Many of the themes at Pligg2U appear to be Pligg 1.x compatible, no?
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    Have you looked at Drigg?

    You might also read:


    Unfortunately, theming is one area where Pligg beats Drigg -- and that's the concern you have right now.

    Many of the themes at Pligg2U appear to be Pligg 1.x compatible, no?

    Thanks Will, I took up your suggestion and went through drigg, looks cool but you are right about my concern being themes.

    Ok and about your second question, I plan to use the lastest version of Pligg which is 1.03. They have changed the template system in this one so none of the old templates are compatible with this one. There are no new ones that are being developed. So I am now left with the option to going back in reverse an dpicking up some older version of pligg and use it maybe 1.0.1 I will use. The v1.0.2 is very buggy (The biggest bug being comments do not work in some templates). SO I find that there are no other scripts than these 3.

  4. #4
    Pligg really isn't that bad, especially if you have a little understanding of PHP because you can fix any bugs or errors you run into. Plus with that knowledge, you can customize your own modules and whatnot.

    I run Pligg on my social bookmarking site Blogger Den / It's like Digg, but for bloggers! and it works perfectly, I've had no problems at all! Of course if you're looking to have a BOOKMARKING site instead of social news or social media, Scuttle is the way to go.

  5. #5
    Which one is more secure against spam?

    There is an AutoPligg for Pligg.

    Is there an an "AutoDrigg" too?.....
    note: when you replace this, dont use masked URL. thanks ~ admin

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Ascendancy View Post
    Pligg really isn't that bad, especially if you have a little understanding of PHP because you can fix any bugs or errors you run into. Plus with that knowledge, you can customize your own modules and whatnot.

    I run Pligg on my social bookmarking site Blogger Den / It's like Digg, but for bloggers! and it works perfectly, I've had no problems at all! Of course if you're looking to have a BOOKMARKING site instead of social news or social media, Scuttle is the way to go.

    Hey which Pligg version are you using in your site?

  7. #7
    Hello Guys, I am totally new in Pligg what is this new things.

    Can anyone write in good way what do you mean by Pligg and how good is for marketing or backlinks.

    I understand that I am asking rather than giving answer back but I am totally new to this thing.

    Waiting for your reply

    Thanks
    Alam

  8. Quote Originally Posted by alamest View Post
    Hello Guys, I am totally new in Pligg what is this new things.

    Can anyone write in good way what do you mean by Pligg and how good is for marketing or backlinks.

    I understand that I am asking rather than giving answer back but I am totally new to this thing.

    Waiting for your reply

    Thanks
    Alam

    Well Alamast Pligg is a script which can be used to make a Digg like (social bookmarking) site

  9. Thank you guys for all of your suggestions, I had decided to use pligg and have now finished the site. You can check the site at Kloggi - Your Source for Social News and Networking Do give some feedback

Similar Threads

  1. [WTS] Social Bookmarking Site v52.info
    By Sami4u in forum Sites
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7 May, 2011, 12:45 PM
  2. [WTS] Pagerank 2 social bookmarking site.
    By coronaerabrahim in forum Links
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13 May, 2010, 05:02 AM
  3. [WTS] PR3 social bookmarking site for sale
    By sam787 in forum Sites
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26 September, 2009, 16:18 PM
  4. Social Bookmarking site that would allow this ?
    By cls1321 in forum Social Bookmarking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10 August, 2009, 19:14 PM
  5. How can I earn with my social bookmarking site?
    By Jeffnetsite in forum Monetizing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28 May, 2009, 21:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •