Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: How to Keep Google PR?

  1. #1

    How to Keep Google PR?

    Hello,

    any tips to maintain the google PR that we've got on an update? What will happen if we do nothing to promote the site? Will the PR go down next time?

    Thanks.
    Send a Website to Google News press release distribution || NewGenre SEO Services

    Online Market Research - Women's Health Care Magazine!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    offwalk.com
    Posts
    1,514
    Quote Originally Posted by MervikHaums View Post
    Hello,

    any tips to maintain the google PR that we've got on an update? What will happen if we do nothing to promote the site? Will the PR go down next time?

    Thanks.

    Don't know how it works.

    You would be surprised to know when I added some good articles and links to my offline business site, still in last update it went down to PR4 from PR5.

    G!

  3. #3
    Although it feels good to have good PR, it has only a small effect on your site's rank positions. It is a waste of time to dwell upon it unless you are using it to sell links.

    With the last update, the PR went down on my most popular sites, but is did not affect their rank positions or the flow of traffic, which continues to improve.

    PR is simply the value that Google places on the links pointing to a web page.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin


  4. #4
    In order to answer your question, just keep backlinks coming into your site from high-PR websites. Your site gets its rank from other sites giving you PR-juice, so keep posting on forums with your signature links and keep leaving blog comments to bring backlinks. Over time you may even raise your PR, but it will definitely stay the same with some basic backlink maintenance.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeOne View Post
    Don't know how it works.

    You would be surprised to know when I added some good articles and links to my offline business site, still in last update it went down to PR4 from PR5.

    G!
    yeah, you are right. No idea what to do..
    Send a Website to Google News press release distribution || NewGenre SEO Services

    Online Market Research - Women's Health Care Magazine!

  6. maintaining backlinks count or adding will probably will keep your PR.


  7. If I were you, I would just do what I've been doing all the while to reach that stage of PR. Just focus on two important areas which are adding fresh content and link building,

  8. I think you should just keep focusing on building your backlinks, that will certainly help to maintain your pagerank

  9. #9

    I am of the same view.

    I am of the same view.

    Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    Although it feels good to have good PR, it has only a small effect on your site's rank positions. It is a waste of time to dwell upon it unless you are using it to sell links.

    With the last update, the PR went down on my most popular sites, but is did not affect their rank positions or the flow of traffic, which continues to improve.

    PR is simply the value that Google places on the links pointing to a web page.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Posts
    19
    I still have a small website on 110mb.com the VideoScreenSaver for a screen saver that I made. I just updated it couple of times to add more links on it, but didn't make any new backlinks. It has PR3 since 2007

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 13 March, 2010, 01:50 AM
  2. Google Addresses Concerns over Google Buzz
    By Will.Spencer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10 March, 2010, 23:07 PM
  3. Google KW tool and Google trends showing different stats.
    By rome9t9 in forum Keyword Research
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19 November, 2009, 16:32 PM
  4. Google to Launch a New Version of Google Search
    By Nick Rodriquez in forum Search Engine News
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12 September, 2009, 14:36 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21 August, 2009, 20:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •