Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Needing Ideas to Exploit the Competitions Weakness

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Lightbulb Needing Ideas to Exploit the Competitions Weakness

    Hi,

    Fellow netbuilders I really need your help with this one.

    I understand that content is king along with backlinks. My question deals with more then that.

    I also know I am going be going up against some really big hitters with my new site. For me this is going to be a battle between David and Goliath.

    I am hunting for the Achilles' heel.

    Please, help me brainstorm.

    How do you find weakness in your competitions site and turn that weakness into your benefit?

    Sami
    Current Celebrity Gossip Movies & More TV Site
    Find out how I'm able to get up to 420 backlinks for month, by spending 30 seconds per day...all for FREE! - Click Here

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Good question. Start out by doing a SWOT analysis.

    Another thing is that the Goliath may be too big and can't be bothered to handle the micro-niches.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    Good question. Start out by doing a SWOT analysis.

    Another thing is that the Goliath may be too big and can't be bothered to handle the micro-niches.
    Hi

    What does SWOT analysis mean please? How do I do that what ever it is?

    Sami
    Current Celebrity Gossip Movies & More TV Site
    Find out how I'm able to get up to 420 backlinks for month, by spending 30 seconds per day...all for FREE! - Click Here

  4. #4
    One technique is to post rapid responses to current news and ping it to the ping services.

    So you could monitor Google trends and set up Google alerts for your keywords and then immediately respond with your own blog post after you get an alert maybe?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy101 View Post
    One technique is to post rapid responses to current news and ping it to the ping services.

    So you could monitor Google trends and set up Google alerts for your keywords and then immediately respond with your own blog post after you get an alert maybe?
    Hi,

    If I am reading this right your using the old newspaper adage of "Speed Kills" beat your competitor to the punch with your article.

    Thanks

    Sami
    Current Celebrity Gossip Movies & More TV Site
    Find out how I'm able to get up to 420 backlinks for month, by spending 30 seconds per day...all for FREE! - Click Here

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    121
    SWOT analysis stands for the :

    • Strength
    • Weakness
    • Opportunities
    • Threats

    The data and information that you will get from such analysis will very helpful for you , somehow they will turn to be your marketing "skeleton" so based on those you can plan your very own marketing strategic




    Quote Originally Posted by Sami4u View Post
    Hi

    What does SWOT analysis mean please? How do I do that what ever it is?

    Sami

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by oxuro View Post
    SWOT analysis stands for the :

    • Strength
    • Weakness
    • Opportunities
    • Threats

    The data and information that you will get from such analysis will very helpful for you , somehow they will turn to be your marketing "skeleton" so based on those you can plan your very own marketing strategic
    Hi,

    Thanks for the expiation of the acronym

    Now I must ask how do I do this research? I'm not looking for their keywords or backlinks they have over 300,000 indexed pages. So that is the Strength. Opportunities I feel I have that covered. I really gotta find the Weakness. I never thought of the threats.

    Can you give me an example of what a threat could be?

    Sami
    Current Celebrity Gossip Movies & More TV Site
    Find out how I'm able to get up to 420 backlinks for month, by spending 30 seconds per day...all for FREE! - Click Here

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sami4u View Post
    I really gotta find the Weakness. I never thought of the threats.

    Can you give me an example of what a threat could be?

    Sami
    • Their weaknesses might be that their site is for English people only. Translate your site or use the code from the Translation mod here at NB.
    • Another weakness might be that they don't offer support with what they're doing, try offering support too.
    • ...


    A threat could be:

    • His price is lower than yours
    • He offer something special to his visitors that you can't offer
    • ..


    Greetz!
    |Nico Lawsons

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sami4u View Post
    Hi,

    Thanks for the expiation of the acronym

    Now I must ask how do I do this research? I'm not looking for their keywords or backlinks they have over 300,000 indexed pages. So that is the Strength. Opportunities I feel I have that covered. I really gotta find the Weakness. I never thought of the threats.

    Can you give me an example of what a threat could be?

    Sami


    For me and always did this, i don't believe in google "Penalty MYTH", so i create as much as possible backlink, long tail keyword (even 100 search permonth), alot + regular content update ......
    No worry on 300k post index, if u can keep updating ur site daily for continuously two month .... i bet u beat them, google love new site, so appreciate google "new comer luck", google will love ur site if you do the right thing in beginning ....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    If I tell you, I would have to kill you.
    Posts
    614
    This product is going to be given away. For the product is the sites content.
    Ok.. I see that you are not selling any product.. if you want eyeballs to your site then I would say chuck Google as your primary source of traffic.. its facebook and youtube that you should target. Combined, they both get a lot more traffic than google.

    Sample this, you post a nice video on youtube.. in worst case scenario, you get 1000 views in a week..few people share it on facebook..
    according to stats, on an average each person on FB has 130 friends..this will shared among all of them. Few of these '130 friends' will share it again..this goes on and will increase your video views..

    If you can produce a good quality video then you will get eyeballs. I had a funny animal videos website.. all i did was upload 3 funny animal videos and they resulted in 5000 UVs in the first month itself. Combined, all the 3 videos got 20k views. I left it to die as I got busier in other sites.

    What I am trying to say is that, give value to people before they come to your site. Give then fun and entertainment and make them interested in you and your site.

    Use youtube, facebook fan pages to the max.. share your videos with your friends in fb as well. However, don't negelct google completely.. just give it less priority. Google is no more the dominant player in the web.

    When you do these you will get a different set of audience who like your content. I don't see this method as exploiting the weakness of your competition but this might bring you traffic. And traffic is all you need to make $$$.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Needing Theme Coding Help
    By Sami4u in forum Wordpress
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22 January, 2011, 19:44 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27 December, 2010, 14:18 PM
  3. Wordpress Exploit
    By nux in forum Wordpress
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 21 October, 2009, 05:42 AM
  4. Fix Proxy Listing Exploit
    By chetan in forum Web Proxies
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 25 September, 2009, 18:34 PM
  5. iPhone Exploit Exposed at Black Hat
    By m42 in forum Tech-Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 1 August, 2009, 12:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •