Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: SEO Companies with a Low PR?

  1. #11
    Hellas's Avatar
    Hellas is offline Very Unusual Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bosnia
    Posts
    1,051
    Thanks
    214
    Thanked 292 Times in 205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovich View Post
    PR is obtained through backlinks. Which SEO companies get for you.
    And they offer to increase your position for your keywords.

    Therefore, why is it unreasonable to expect them to rank highly for their own keywords and have a high PR because they're experts at obtaining high-quality backlinks?
    It is unreasonable because you cant know which PR you will obtain with even strong backlinks. I have seen pages that are visited, that are important and that have thousand of backlinks and still they have PR 0, 1, 2.

    What matters only are results behind certain company.

  2. Thanked by:

    ChillingBreeze (15 September, 2009)

  3. #12
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellas View Post
    It is unreasonable because you cant know which PR you will obtain with even strong backlinks. I have seen pages that are visited, that are important and that have thousand of backlinks and still they have PR 0, 1, 2.

    What matters only are results behind certain company.
    The SEO company may be using your money to buy high PR backlinks. Their site will have high PR. But they may have no idea how to get a site ranked.

  4. #13
    decipher's Avatar
    decipher is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    PR is just a little green bar to flash around for selling links etc.

    As for the seo company I would personally base your opinion there recient projects to see the serp results and go from there.

    I myself run a successful SEO Company and to be honest I havent done squat with the main site as im to busy messing around with client projects.
    Link Building Software - Find incredibly targeted links at the click of a button.
    Bulk Email Software - Serving 20,000+ happy customers w/ our Email Software.
    SEO Contest - Webmaster Contest for Search Engine Optimization

  5. Thanked by:

    ChillingBreeze (15 September, 2009)

  6. #14
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by decipher View Post
    PR is just a little green bar to flash around for selling links etc.

    As for the seo company I would personally base your opinion there recient projects to see the serp results and go from there.

    I myself run a successful SEO Company and to be honest I havent done squat with the main site as im to busy messing around with client projects.
    It's like a maid that lives in a dirty house. Because they are too busy cleaning other people's homes.

  7. Thanked by:

    Kovich (16 September, 2009)

  8. #15
    TopDogger's Avatar
    TopDogger is offline Über Hund
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hellfire, AZ
    Posts
    3,079
    Thanks
    347
    Thanked 914 Times in 698 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    It's like a maid that lives in a dirty house. Because they are too busy cleaning other people's homes.
    That is also my situation. My main business is SEO. I just updated the main site to use WordPress, but I have not had the time to work on the site for the previous two years.

    It was time for a new design and I needed to spend more time doing SEO work on my own site.

    Some of the larger SEO firms have people dedicated to working on the site's SEO, but smaller companies cannot do that.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Do You Trust SEO Companies With Your Sites?
    By 5starpix in forum On-Site SEO
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 17 August, 2011, 15:44 PM
  2. Legit companies
    By FAIZANABBASI in forum Business
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18 August, 2009, 19:06 PM
  3. List of seo companies
    By Micks86 in forum Promoting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7 June, 2009, 21:16 PM
  4. Some domains for hosting companies
    By Aquarezz in forum Domaining
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8 January, 2009, 19:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •