Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Been scammed for 100$

  1. #11
    vectro's Avatar
    vectro is offline I Like Stuff
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    625
    Thanks
    192
    Thanked 100 Times in 79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eXe View Post
    If you can find their address (peoplefinders, intellisearch etc cost a couple of bucks) send a letter threatening to sue. A lot of people get scared by this and will pay.

    There's not much else you can do without spending more than $100 so it's all pointless.

    Good luck
    The cost of litigating would end up being more than $100

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarezz View Post
    I've simply told him that I felt like I got scammed and wanted the money back. Because he didn't know anything about the template and he bought the domain etc already and WHMCS integration, I asked for a 60$ refund. That way he didn't lose any Dollars and won a few bucks by selling anyways.

    Now we're both happy I guess Thanks for the answers
    At least he was 60% honest about the transaction.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarezz View Post
    And true, there should be more "scammers" like him
    I hope NB doesn't get any spammers

  2. #12
    5starpix's Avatar
    5starpix is offline Senior Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    1,710
    Blog Entries
    9
    Thanks
    158
    Thanked 227 Times in 164 Posts

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by vectro View Post

    I hope NB doesn't get any spammers
    Or, any scammers

  3. #13
    jakki's Avatar
    jakki is offline Directory Submission Service
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    962
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    146
    Thanked 90 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vectro View Post
    The cost of litigating would end up being more than $100



    At least he was 60% honest about the transaction.



    I hope NB doesn't get any spammers

    I think 75% becaz he refund 60$ {60% money} and template worth 15$ {15%} so he scam only 25$ {25%}
    Premium Directory :: PR4 Submit Your Link
    Lamrod.org :: Best Product Review and Price Comparison Site One LD :: PR1 Directory



  4. #14
    vectro's Avatar
    vectro is offline I Like Stuff
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    625
    Thanks
    192
    Thanked 100 Times in 79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 5starpix View Post
    Or, any scammers
    That's what I meant

  5. #15
    XinProxy is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Was the template WHMCS integrated already at Themeforest? maybe you still got a good deal because you don't have pay for the whmcs interation now?

    How did you find that it was on Themeforest? did you just run into it. Glad you got some of the money back.

  6. #16
    GeeOne's Avatar
    GeeOne is offline Off topic forum - The Offwalk
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    offwalk.com
    Posts
    1,514
    Blog Entries
    11
    Thanks
    352
    Thanked 249 Times in 222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarezz View Post
    I've simply told him that I felt like I got scammed and wanted the money back. Because he didn't know anything about the template and he bought the domain etc already and WHMCS integration, I asked for a 60$ refund. That way he didn't lose any Dollars and won a few bucks by selling anyways.

    Now we're both happy I guess Thanks for the answers
    You have adopted best policy to solve the problem and succeeded also.

    G!

  7. #17
    Aquarezz's Avatar
    Aquarezz is offline Master Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,846
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 590 Times in 462 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XinProxy View Post
    Was the template WHMCS integrated already at Themeforest? maybe you still got a good deal because you don't have pay for the whmcs interation now?

    How did you find that it was on Themeforest? did you just run into it. Glad you got some of the money back.
    Nope, true.. now I don't have to pay for the integration. But since it's not a unique template, I won't use it anymore

    Quote Originally Posted by GeeOne View Post
    You have adopted best policy to solve the problem and succeeded also.

    G!
    True, and I'm glad
    |Nico Lawsons

  8. #18
    Coastercraze's Avatar
    Coastercraze is offline Net Builder Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Under powerlines
    Posts
    499
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 59 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 5starpix View Post
    Or, any scammers
    too late I've already had one.
    http://www.netbuilders.org/services/designer-host-mist-4680.html

    lesson learned, greed can screw you over.
    Webmaster Forums
    Host Mist | Shared | Reseller | VPS | Dedicated
    Arcade Master - Rule the arcade!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. How many times were you scammed?
    By nick09 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2 July, 2009, 05:25 AM
  2. To avoid being scammed tips...
    By akira07 in forum Business
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26 May, 2009, 08:29 AM
  3. Ever scammed online?
    By akira07 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 20 May, 2009, 01:38 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •