Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Been scammed for 100$

  1. #1
    Aquarezz's Avatar
    Aquarezz is offline Master Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,852
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 591 Times in 463 Posts

    Been scammed for 100$

    Hello,
    I've been scammed for 100$ on DP. For some of you this isn't probably the worst thing that can happen, but it sucks for me

    The problem is that I can't ask for a refund, since there was a problem already and I refunded the money. That problem was solved so I closed the dispute and now ofcourse I see that the bought template (for 100$) can be bought on Themeforest for 15$. The seller told it's unique etc but it just isn't.

    What can I do now? Someone? Thanks
    |Nico Lawsons

  2. #2
    Zash's Avatar
    Zash is offline WiredStorm.com - Lightning Fast Web Hosting
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    1,137
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 121 Times in 93 Posts
    You can post on his thread saying he's a scammer. Since you messed up the dispute process, there isn't much else.
    WiredStorm Hosting Solutions
    █ Lightning Fast Shared and Reseller Hosting
    █ cPanel with Softaculous and 24/7 Email (Ticket) Support
    Biodegradable Sunscreen - Unblock Facebook

  3. Thanked by:

    Aquarezz (29 November, 2009)

  4. #3
    eXe
    eXe is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 19 Times in 7 Posts
    If you can find their address (peoplefinders, intellisearch etc cost a couple of bucks) send a letter threatening to sue. A lot of people get scared by this and will pay.

    There's not much else you can do without spending more than $100 so it's all pointless.

    Good luck
    500 permanent & relevant social bookmarking links for $75. 1000 article submission for $86

    RepBully.com

  5. #4
    Aquarezz's Avatar
    Aquarezz is offline Master Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,852
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 591 Times in 463 Posts
    I've simply told him that I felt like I got scammed and wanted the money back. Because he didn't know anything about the template and he bought the domain etc already and WHMCS integration, I asked for a 60$ refund. That way he didn't lose any Dollars and won a few bucks by selling anyways.

    Now we're both happy I guess Thanks for the answers
    |Nico Lawsons

  6. Thanked by:


  7. #5
    Snak3's Avatar
    Snak3 is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed Location
    Posts
    629
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked 190 Times in 121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarezz View Post
    I've simply told him that I felt like I got scammed and wanted the money back. Because he didn't know anything about the template and he bought the domain etc already and WHMCS integration, I asked for a 60$ refund. That way he didn't lose any Dollars and won a few bucks by selling anyways.

    Now we're both happy I guess Thanks for the answers
    Great to hear that.
    Atleast you got a co-operative scammer

  8. #6
    DotComBum's Avatar
    DotComBum is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    www.TheIMForum.com
    Posts
    964
    Blog Entries
    12
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 196 Times in 154 Posts
    Yes, there are a lot of scammers and cheaters on DP, have to be extra careful when you are dealing there, there are also a lot of people that will sabotage your sales threads, it's a wild world on DP

  9. #7
    Desan is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    469
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 52 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DotComBum View Post
    Yes, there are a lot of scammers and cheaters on DP, have to be extra careful when you are dealing there, there are also a lot of people that will sabotage your sales threads, it's a wild world on DP
    When NB's Marketplace gets more popular, those scammers will find their way here as well.

    And Aqua. I'm glad you got at least some of your money back.

  10. #8
    Aquarezz's Avatar
    Aquarezz is offline Master Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,852
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 591 Times in 463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Desan View Post
    When NB's Marketplace gets more popular, those scammers will find their way here as well.

    And Aqua. I'm glad you got at least some of your money back.
    True, that's the stupid part of most of the stories. Proxy sites used to be awesome, but than they got a boost and it started sucking. Smowtion used to be awesome and really doing very well, but now it got a boost and the earnings went way down for most people.

    And true, there should be more "scammers" like him
    |Nico Lawsons

  11. #9
    Desan is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    469
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 52 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarezz View Post
    True, that's the stupid part of most of the stories. Proxy sites used to be awesome, but than they got a boost and it started sucking. Smowtion used to be awesome and really doing very well, but now it got a boost and the earnings went way down for most people.

    And true, there should be more "scammers" like him
    Honest scammer. Certainly one of a kind.

  12. #10
    DotComBum's Avatar
    DotComBum is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    www.TheIMForum.com
    Posts
    964
    Blog Entries
    12
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 196 Times in 154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Desan View Post
    When NB's Marketplace gets more popular, those scammers will find their way here as well.

    And Aqua. I'm glad you got at least some of your money back.
    Lucky that I joined early on this forum so I can more or less tell who is more reliable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How many times were you scammed?
    By nick09 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2 July, 2009, 05:25 AM
  2. To avoid being scammed tips...
    By akira07 in forum Business
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26 May, 2009, 08:29 AM
  3. Ever scammed online?
    By akira07 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 20 May, 2009, 01:38 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •