Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Competitors

  1. #11
    Franc Tireur's Avatar
    Franc Tireur is offline Senior Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,101
    Thanks
    289
    Thanked 148 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    Another thing that I would consider is finding some direct match keywords and adding a wordpress blog to them with a few articles to drive traffic to your site.
    That's an excellent suggestion, I never tried a worpress blog. I will post a few questions about that in the right forum.

    Paypal work like a merchant account, and you pay fees when people use it, that's what I like compared to merchant account and gateway provider that charge you even if you don't have any orders to process.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


  2. #12
    Keldorn's Avatar
    Keldorn is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 60 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post

    Well Americans are far to armed for anything too drastic to come into effect. Any dictator will know that. Its strike fear into their hearts. Their would be a angry american under every blade of grass armed with a gun.
    Submit new proxies -

  3. #13
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Another thing to note is the unemployment rates for areas that are more likely to buy your products like Florida, California and New York all have high unemployment rates.

    http://www.bls.gov/web/laummtrk.htm

    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    That's an excellent suggestion, I never tried a worpress blog. I will post a few questions about that in the right forum.
    Check out threads in the domain section for exact match domains and also look for threads for keyword tools and find keywords.

    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    Paypal work like a merchant account, and you pay fees when people use it, that's what I like compared to merchant account and gateway provider that charge you even if you don't have any orders to process.
    I submitted the order and paid with the paypal. One issue that I have with the paypal is that if the credit card is associated with another account you can't use it. The same hold true for a bank account.

    Will suggested another credit card processor that has no monthly fees. May be good to take phone orders for people that can't pay will paypal.

    http://www.netbuilders.org/business/squareup-12760.html

    I think that you should have an option to pay with check or perhaps accept money orders.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keldorn View Post
    Well Americans are far to armed for anything too drastic to come into effect. Any dictator will know that. Its strike fear into their hearts. Their would be a angry american under every blade of grass armed with a gun.
    In the US, the Government doesn't need to take over per se. All they need to do is raise the progressive tax rate to 90%. Already 50% of the population pays no income taxes. You won't see the average person complaining that they get more Government benefits.

    The big issue is that the Government is spending like drunken sailors.

  4. #14
    Franc Tireur's Avatar
    Franc Tireur is offline Senior Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,101
    Thanks
    289
    Thanked 148 Times in 118 Posts
    The States with projected 2010-2011 budget gaps.

    In Nevada, I don't know where they will find the money, it seems like we are short about $1.3 Billion. Layoff State workers, put more taxes to businesses or people, cancel programs? Things are going to handbasket these days...

    Recession Continues to Batter State Budgets; State Responses Could Slow Recovery — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


  5. #15
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    The States with projected 2010-2011 budget gaps.

    In Nevada, I don't know where they will find the money, it seems like we are short about $1.3 Billion. Layoff State workers, put more taxes to businesses or people, cancel programs? Things are going to handbasket these days...

    Recession Continues to Batter State Budgets; State Responses Could Slow Recovery — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
    A lot of the money is coming from the Stimulus for aid to the States. There really isn't much stimulus in the stimulus. It's more a bailout for unionized state workers.

    In New Jersey 1/3 of the State budget and most of the local budgets are for education. What happening is that the teachers union had negociated a 3 year contract under former Gov. John Corzine giving the teachers a 4% per year raise over the life of the contract. So that means that property taxes need to increase 12%

    California, NJ, New York and most of the blue states have major budget shortfalls.

  6. #16
    Keldorn's Avatar
    Keldorn is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 60 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post


    The big issue is that the Government is spending like drunken sailors.

    Thats what governments do. There is no checks and balances with fiat money.
    They can borrow it from thin air. Its merely a few keystrokes on a computer, enter some digits into an account. Money now exists and is ready to spend.

    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    What happening is that the teachers union had negociated a 3 year contract under former Gov. John Corzine giving the teachers a 4% per year raise over the life of the contract. So that means that property taxes need to increase 12%
    Just another problem that is making the west increasingly uncompetitive in this growing global economy. Unions.
    Submit new proxies -

  7. #17
    Franc Tireur's Avatar
    Franc Tireur is offline Senior Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,101
    Thanks
    289
    Thanked 148 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    A lot of the money is coming from the Stimulus for aid to the States. There really isn't much stimulus in the stimulus. It's more a bailout for unionized state workers.

    In New Jersey 1/3 of the State budget and most of the local budgets are for education. What happening is that the teachers union had negociated a 3 year contract under former Gov. John Corzine giving the teachers a 4% per year raise over the life of the contract. So that means that property taxes need to increase 12%

    California, NJ, New York and most of the blue states have major budget shortfalls.
    If the States borrow money from the stimulus federal governement (thin air money) they have to reiumburse one day.

    As far as union workers go, the elite have their "unions" too in form of groups, think tanks, etc, you barely hear about.

    Just a litle word about union contracts: Do you know that this people wait several years of negociation before they've got their contracts approved?

    If the things were just and fair in all the systems, they shouldn't be necessary to have unions or elites groups, but think tanks that includes every classes which mean The People.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


  8. #18
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Revisting the original question in the thread concerning competitors. It's a good idea to keep a watch. Some one is making money. Even a small idea or identifying a trend may be able to help you figure out a way to make a few more of the scarse dollars that shoppers are willing to spend.

    First time claims for unemployment increased 8000 last week and the Labor Department is expected to report today that 8 million jobs have been lost so far with the unemployment rate increasing to 10%
    Job losses from Great Recession about to get worse - Yahoo! Finance

    Quote Originally Posted by Keldorn View Post
    Thats what governments do. There is no checks and balances with fiat money.
    They can borrow it from thin air. Its merely a few keystrokes on a computer, enter some digits into an account. Money now exists and is ready to spend.
    Congress raised the national debt ceiling yesterday and gave Obama a $1.9 trillion increase in the national debt ceiling. $1.9 trillion is more than the GDP of France. The US Government is spending $2 for every $1 it receives in taxes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    If the States borrow money from the stimulus federal governement (thin air money) they have to reiumburse one day.
    The aid to the States as part of the US stimilus bill is a direct "gift" to the States. The money doesn't need to be paid back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    As far as union workers go, the elite have their "unions" too in form of groups, think tanks, etc, you barely hear about.
    Just a litle word about union contracts: Do you know that this people wait several years of negociation before they've got their contracts approved?
    If the things were just and fair in all the systems, they shouldn't be necessary to have unions or elites groups, but think tanks that includes every classes which mean The People.
    Workers should be paid fairly. The issue with the Government workers is that the current pay and benefits are not sustainable. In the old days, Government workers usually made less than the private sector but were compensated with better benefits and pensions. Nowadays, the Government workers are better paid and still receive the big benifit packages and pensions. To add to the problem, the State pension funds are $2 trillion dollars underfunded.

    Back in 1952 there was 16 workers for every retired person. Today, in 2010, there are only two workers for each retiree.

    The States are in a massive budget crisis and are looking for all kinds of ways to increase tax revenue. Every $20 that they take from the people is $20 less that the consumer has to spend.

  9. Thanked by:

    Franc Tireur (5 February, 2010)

  10. #19
    Jamie's Avatar
    Jamie is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well once in a while I'll peep on my competitors to get fresh new ideas and update myself with what they are doing. I don't there's anything wrong with doing this. It's part of every business establishment.

  11. #20
    Will.Spencer's Avatar
    Will.Spencer is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,010
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,258 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    Workers should be paid fairly. The issue with the Government workers is that the current pay and benefits are not sustainable. In the old days, Government workers usually made less than the private sector but were compensated with better benefits and pensions. Nowadays, the Government workers are better paid and still receive the big benifit packages and pensions. To add to the problem, the State pension funds are $2 trillion dollars underfunded.
    The average annual income of the members of the American productive class is $39,751. The average annual income for the 22.5 million government employees those people are supporting is $74,519.

    Basically, America's "working" people are slave laborers, except they get to wear neckties.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Competitors
    By Sbfc_ in forum Community Building
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 13 June, 2010, 14:09 PM
  2. Competitors backlinks
    By Loko in forum Promoting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 26 February, 2010, 01:21 AM
  3. Viewing competitors linkbacks?
    By irahat in forum Promoting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20 August, 2009, 18:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •