I searched NB and found Google Ad Planner hasn't been discussed here. It is regarded as a great tool for advertisers. So, what is google ad planner?
Google Ad Planner is a free media planning tool that can help you identify websites your audience is likely to visit so you can make better-informed advertising decisions.
With Google Ad Planner, you can:
- Define audiences by demographics and interests.
- Search for websites relevant to your audience.
- Access aggregated statistics on the number of unique visitors, page views, and other data for millions of websites from over 40 countries.
- Create lists of websites where you'd like to advertise and store them in a media plan.
- Generate aggregated website statistics for your media plan.I came across this during a webinar by Steve Iser and John Hostler.Google Ad Planner combines information from a variety of sources, such as aggregated Google search data, opt-in anonymous Google Analytics data, opt-in external consumer panel data, and other third-party market research. The data is aggregated over millions of users and powered by computer algorithms; it doesn't contain personally-identifiable information.
Here is a snapshot of the monthly traffic netbuilders receives according to Google Ad Planner. I would request Will to post here about the accuracy of this data.
Meanwhile, If you have a site with reasonable traffic, you can check it for yourself.
Last edited by rome9t9; 18 November, 2009 at 14:02 PM.
hmmmm...that doesn't seem accurate..meanwhile, has anyone else tested this yet? Sadly, my sites don't enough traffic.
Google recently upgraded Ad Planner and is running webinars to show off the new features.
For advertisers: New ways to find an audience for ad campaigns
To help you build even better-targeted media plans, Google Ad Planner now offers more detailed data--including ad placements, subdomains, and publisher-shared Google Analytics metrics. You can also use our new interactive graph to identify sites with the best combination of reach and relevance.
Webinar for Advertisers
Join our webinar about the updates for advertisers.
Date: Friday, November 20th
Time: 12pm PST
Event number: 967 257 234
Event password: planner
Registration password: agency1
Call-in (US/Canada): 866-699-3239
For publishers: New ways to promote and manage site profiles
You now have even more ways to promote your site in Google Ad Planner. You can share additional Google Analytics metrics to ensure that advertisers see the most accurate and compelling data for your site. You can create site profile information for your subdomains. And you can display a badge on your site to attract advertisers to your Google Ad Planner site profile.
You can also manage your site profile information more easily by granting access to additional users.
Webinar for Publishers
Join our webinar about the updates for publishers.
Date: Tuesday, November 24th
Time: 9am PST