I searched NB and found Google Ad Planner hasn't been discussed here. It is regarded as a great tool for advertisers. So, what is google ad planner?
Google Ad Planner is a free media planning tool that can help you identify websites your audience is likely to visit so you can make better-informed advertising decisions.
With Google Ad Planner, you can:
- Define audiences by demographics and interests.
- Search for websites relevant to your audience.
- Access aggregated statistics on the number of unique visitors, page views, and other data for millions of websites from over 40 countries.
- Create lists of websites where you'd like to advertise and store them in a media plan.
- Generate aggregated website statistics for your media plan.I came across this during a webinar by Steve Iser and John Hostler.Google Ad Planner combines information from a variety of sources, such as aggregated Google search data, opt-in anonymous Google Analytics data, opt-in external consumer panel data, and other third-party market research. The data is aggregated over millions of users and powered by computer algorithms; it doesn't contain personally-identifiable information.
Here is a snapshot of the monthly traffic netbuilders receives according to Google Ad Planner. I would request Will to post here about the accuracy of this data.
Meanwhile, If you have a site with reasonable traffic, you can check it for yourself.