Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Is Google Killing the Economy?

  1. #21
    Hellas's Avatar
    Hellas is offline Very Unusual Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bosnia
    Posts
    1,051
    Thanks
    214
    Thanked 292 Times in 205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    It's not a question of the rules. How many times have you heard that Google has had a 'bad data push' or rolled back an algorithm change?
    Thats their personal right to do. They can remove anything from index or add anything to index... What do you suggest to do?

    Webmasters are the people that create the content for the users.

    Google wants money just as much as the webmasters
    Webmasters can always block Google engine and decide not to give their content to Google.

    Google is naturally most important to itself.

  2. #22
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellas View Post
    Thats their personal right to do. They can remove anything from index or add anything to index... What do you suggest to do?
    Personal and Business have different rights and responsibilities. A monopoly (business) has a responsibility to allow a 'level playing field' or they risk Government intervention. The 'Personal right to do' risks a backlash. So yeah Google can do what they want to. But there are risks invovled in their decisions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellas View Post
    What do you suggest to do?
    I suggest that Google listen to the concerns of the webmasters and businesses that make a living on the web.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellas View Post
    Webmasters can always block Google engine and decide not to give their content to Google.

    Google is naturally most important to itself.
    This isn't a viable option.

  3. #23
    redfoxseo's Avatar
    redfoxseo is offline Red Fox SEO
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Back to the subject I am not sure if I would say Google is killing the economy but the internet in general. Stores are closing left and right not so much that people can't afford things it is more that people are shopping online, paying bills online etc.. How long will it be before bank tellers lose there jobs because no one needs to walk through the door? How about your local hardware store or auto parts store etc..
    Learn how to do Extreme Couponing

  4. #24
    Hellas's Avatar
    Hellas is offline Very Unusual Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bosnia
    Posts
    1,051
    Thanks
    214
    Thanked 292 Times in 205 Posts
    Here is one example from right now...

    I logged in to my Yahoo mail which I did not used for like couple of months, just to see that my email account is deactivated because of inactivity...

    Seeing that, ordinary user will just turn their head and register gmail account.

    Yahoo mail is practically helping Google mail.

  5. #25
    TopDogger's Avatar
    TopDogger is offline Über Hund
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hellfire, AZ
    Posts
    3,207
    Thanks
    350
    Thanked 931 Times in 713 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellas View Post
    Ah so you like Google users but not Google rules.
    Google is a double-edged sword. On one side they drive business on the Internet and allow businesses to compete better internationally. On the other side, they can destroy thousands of online businesses with a single algorithm change, even when these businesses are playing by the rules set by Google.

    Google can be a good partner, but also one that can be very fickle. With all of the changes that they have thus far made this year, I don't see any that provide any real benefit to site owners.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin


  6. Thanked by:

    bogart (2 November, 2010)

  7. #26
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellas View Post
    Here is one example from right now...

    I logged in to my Yahoo mail which I did not used for like couple of months, just to see that my email account is deactivated because of inactivity...

    Seeing that, ordinary user will just turn their head and register gmail account.

    Yahoo mail is practically helping Google mail.
    Is this example, Google is providing a better free service than Yahoo.

    The service is useful, but someone has to pay for it. Everything has a price.

    Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    On the other side, they can destroy thousands of online businesses with a single algorithm change, even when these businesses are playing by the rules set by Google.
    The instability kills the businesses. There's no way to plan. For example, Company A hires 20 customer service reps to handle the calls. Company B gets all the traffic and their site crashes or they don't have the people to take the calls.

  8. #27
    Hellas's Avatar
    Hellas is offline Very Unusual Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bosnia
    Posts
    1,051
    Thanks
    214
    Thanked 292 Times in 205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    Is this example, Google is providing a better free service than Yahoo.

    The service is useful, but someone has to pay for it. Everything has a price.
    Its example of how sucky Yahoo helps Google, and next month they will blame Google how they making monopoly.

  9. Thanked by:

    TopDogger (2 November, 2010)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Economy and Blogging
    By Nic SEO in forum Blogging
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10 September, 2010, 14:26 PM
  2. Slow Economy in 2011
    By Sbfc_ in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 9 March, 2010, 20:02 PM
  3. Economy+Website= Sorry :(
    By Marcell Purham in forum Freelancing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25 June, 2009, 05:18 AM
  4. Making the Right Moves in Today's Economy
    By Will.Spencer in forum Business
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18 June, 2009, 07:31 AM
  5. Chinese ordered to smoke more to boost economy
    By m42 in forum Politics and Religion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 3 June, 2009, 06:47 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •