Yes, depends on the types of business!
1. Write a press release on a new product or offering and send it to some free press release distribution sites. Follow their guidelines for submission so you don't waste your time editing and re-doing work.
2. Send the press release to your local media outlets, or any niche media outlets that may be interested in what you do.
3. Update your Google Maps Listing, make sure the information is accurate, and then have them verify your ownership via mail or SMS message.
4. Find a social media site that pertains to your niche, sign up, make a profile and participate. Don't start off trying to sell your product – you'll be tarred and feathered. Be a helpful part of the community first, mix in brand messages later.
5. Join a forum and contribute to your online community. Use indirect messages for sales such as a forum signature or your forum user name.
6. Talk to the locals or others in your business – this is a great opportunity to request and share some link love.
7. Comment on blogs that are relevant to your Web site's topic and be sure to leave your URL. Even if a nofollow tag is attached, you could gain a bit of traffic.
8. Submit your site to DMOZ.
9. Check out your niche on Wikipedia, WikiTravel, and other wiki sites, and see if you can get a link. Don't be "salesy" or try to game the system; the editors will just delete the information. Instead, provide appropriate information and follow the rules for linking on the site.
10. Write a "how-to" article that addresses your niche for Work.com. This is kind of fun and a good resource for getting mentions and links. Looking at your product or service in a step-by-step manner is often enlightening in several ways. It can help you better explain your products and services on your own Web site.
As a small business owner, you’ll have to work harder and smarter on the web to compete against the likes of Big Company Widgets and Deep Pockets Doodads. You’ll also have to be more creative and take advantage of a lot of marketing opportunities the big guys have overlooked. And you’ll have to make marketing opportunities where none exist.
Pallet Racking |
customer satisfaction is very imp. for any business..do keep this thing in mind at every point of time..n its better go for customer delight..keep your goals clearly in mind n keep on working on themm
List of Press Release Sites
The free press releases may give you some bang for the buck. Sometimes the feeds or stories are picked-up by bloggers. The releases using get some search traffic as well and some of the free press releases give you a backlink.