Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How much my site worth ?

  1. #11
    TopDogger's Avatar
    TopDogger is offline Über Hund
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hellfire, AZ
    Posts
    3,087
    Thanks
    348
    Thanked 916 Times in 700 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenron View Post
    If I owned a site that earned around $15k monthly (consistently) I'd probably never sell it for less than a million...
    I agree, but may have a difficult time finding someone with that kind of money and who is willing to wait 5.5 years just for a breakeven on the cost.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin


  2. #12
    Andy101's Avatar
    Andy101 is offline Code Otaku
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kanazawa
    Posts
    1,285
    Thanks
    175
    Thanked 306 Times in 233 Posts
    How many people have consistency from their sites? Where we have paid advertising it can be quite consistent, but traffic and rankings over 5 years or so?

  3. #13
    SonnyCooL's Avatar
    SonnyCooL is offline HeeHa
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melb/Malaysia
    Posts
    920
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 92 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy101 View Post
    How many people have consistency from their sites? Where we have paid advertising it can be quite consistent, but traffic and rankings over 5 years or so?

    traffic and ranking (good rank in long tail), i'm not that worry, cause now my site is toward top 10 property site in malaysia (base on traffic) but still lack of intellectual property (brand recognise)
    i working toward it ...

  4. #14
    5starpix's Avatar
    5starpix is offline Senior Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    1,710
    Blog Entries
    9
    Thanks
    158
    Thanked 227 Times in 164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyCooL View Post
    traffic and ranking (good rank in long tail), i'm not that worry, cause now my site is toward top 10 property site in malaysia (base on traffic) but still lack of intellectual property (brand recognise)
    i working toward it ...
    You should probably try offline marketing. In terms of a local site that people would use, it is very beneficial for you to market the offline community. Get them to know the site. Word of mouth is very strong in the consumer market, and if they like what they see, they will definitely spread the word.

  5. #15
    SonnyCooL's Avatar
    SonnyCooL is offline HeeHa
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melb/Malaysia
    Posts
    920
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 92 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 5starpix View Post
    You should probably try offline marketing. In terms of a local site that people would use, it is very beneficial for you to market the offline community. Get them to know the site. Word of mouth is very strong in the consumer market, and if they like what they see, they will definitely spread the word.
    yah but one man show ... my site new visitor rate drop below 60% now and traffic keep increase, this is what make me confidence ....

  6. #16
    javanx3d's Avatar
    javanx3d is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    916
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 237 Times in 164 Posts
    10-15 K a month. == what, 100K (low low) to 540 K (high high) for valuation solely based on 10 to 36 x monthly income assuming that is average and not peak monthly income over the past year.
    If you have other income to live on...then 100K maybe if you don't have the assets to acquire investment income for a new project that you need available or on hand.
    > 500K if you would be open to an offer but aren't really bothered if it sells or not...
    Best of luck!

  7. Thanked by:

    SonnyCooL (6 March, 2011)

  8. #17
    SonnyCooL's Avatar
    SonnyCooL is offline HeeHa
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melb/Malaysia
    Posts
    920
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 92 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by javanx3d View Post
    10-15 K a month. == what, 100K (low low) to 540 K (high high) for valuation solely based on 10 to 36 x monthly income assuming that is average and not peak monthly income over the past year.
    If you have other income to live on...then 100K maybe if you don't have the assets to acquire investment income for a new project that you need available or on hand.
    > 500K if you would be open to an offer but aren't really bothered if it sells or not...
    Best of luck!
    reason i aim't high cause it still got plenty space to go, property ad space is very expensive here and property is selling like hot cake, possible i sell, scare of property bubble burst hehheheehe i don't really trust malaysia gov hahahha

  9. #18
    javanx3d's Avatar
    javanx3d is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    916
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 237 Times in 164 Posts
    I hear ya. Sounds like take your high evaluation, multiple by 2-5, and if something good comes in sell...or just hope that Malaysian real estate does better than in the U.S. (generally)!!

  10. #19
    SonnyCooL's Avatar
    SonnyCooL is offline HeeHa
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melb/Malaysia
    Posts
    920
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 92 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by javanx3d View Post
    I hear ya. Sounds like take your high evaluation, multiple by 2-5, and if something good comes in sell...or just hope that Malaysian real estate does better than in the U.S. (generally)!!
    my supporting reason on Property, only matter of time
    1. Buy land, they're not making it anymore! (Mark Twain)


    2. Find out where the people are going and buy the land before they get there.(Will Rogers)

    3. Real estate is at the core of almost every business, and it's certainly at the core of most people's wealth. In order to build your wealth and improve your business smarts, you need to know about real estate.(Donald Trump)


    4. Everyone wants a piece of land. It's the only sure investment. It can never depreciate like a car or a washing machine. Land will double its value in ten years. In less than that. Land is going up every day.(Sam Shepard)

  11. #20
    Andy101's Avatar
    Andy101 is offline Code Otaku
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kanazawa
    Posts
    1,285
    Thanks
    175
    Thanked 306 Times in 233 Posts
    If you have a good offer on your virtual real estate, maybe trade it for real land

    The website can disappear as quick as pulling a plug on a server, or a Google Algorithm update, but it needs military force to take your land.
    SonnyCooL likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is a Flippa Clone Site worth it?
    By iowadawg in forum Business
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 16 March, 2011, 19:45 PM
  2. are these domains worth really?
    By garfish in forum Domaining
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29 December, 2010, 04:01 AM
  3. adCenter - is it worth it?
    By irahat in forum Promoting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14 August, 2009, 19:02 PM
  4. is it worth it?
    By chunkmarketing in forum Promoting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19 February, 2009, 16:23 PM
  5. Is a link on PR3 worth something?
    By Aquarezz in forum Monetizing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14 January, 2009, 14:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •