Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: My 1 year business building log for 2011

  1. #11
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    While I can see your point about the article I personally believe as long as it is quality content the more the better. If I spent 30 minutes a day writing an article and then another 40 minutes promoting it, that would then become 365 articles in one year that have all had promotion done on them. Now this wouldn't be enough to get them to first place or anything but you could see which ones only need a little push and which ones will need quite a bit more. Plus you get the added bonus of the fact that the bigger the site the more authoritative it is.
    This isn't a bad idea as long as you have the time to write the content. You should gain a lot of long tail traffic which will mean more stable earnings.

    I would take a look at some drupal templates to manage the large amount of articles. Drupal will allow you to build a more robust site architecture that will be easy to expand in blocks.

    Here's a good template for example:
    screenshot_multi.jpg | drupal.org

    Example of Pyramid Theme Site Architecture

    Level#0 Homepage
    Level#1 1-2 word phases A
    Level#2 2-3 word phases A1
    Level#3 3-4 word phases A1A

    Theme pyramid navigational structures ...
    Theme Pyramids

  2. Thanked by:

    Loko (29 January, 2011), sam (29 January, 2011)

  3. #12
    sam's Avatar
    sam
    sam is offline Get Back To Work!
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    367
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked 98 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    This isn't a bad idea as long as you have the time to write the content. You should gain a lot of long tail traffic which will mean more stable earnings.
    I am in my last year of high school now which means that I have plenty of time so I can defiantly spare a few hours after school everyday. Next year I will defiantly have to slow down when I am (hopefully) at College which is basically why I want to get as much done this year as possible.


    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    I would take a look at some drupal templates to manage the large amount of articles. Drupal will allow you to build a more robust site architecture that will be easy to expand in blocks.

    Here's a good template for example:
    screenshot_multi.jpg | drupal.org

    Example of Pyramid Theme Site Architecture

    Level#0 Homepage
    Level#1 1-2 word phases A
    Level#2 2-3 word phases A1
    Level#3 3-4 word phases A1A

    Theme pyramid navigational structures ...
    Theme Pyramids
    For this site since it will still be relatively small I am going to stick with word press. It also won't have much of a category structure so it has no real need for drupal. For the next site I want to do I will defiantly check out Drupal and see if it fulfills my needs though. But thanks heaps for the suggestion.

  4. #13
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    I am in my last year of high school now which means that I have plenty of time so I can defiantly spare a few hours after school everyday. Next year I will defiantly have to slow down when I am (hopefully) at College which is basically why I want to get as much done this year as possible.
    If your college major matches the niche of your sites, it could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

  5. #14
    sam's Avatar
    sam
    sam is offline Get Back To Work!
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    367
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked 98 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    If your college major matches the niche of your sites, it could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
    I am looking at doing my major in Computer Science but I will also be applying for Accounting just in case I don't get into computer Science. So I will probably be staying out of that niche, but at the moment the Tool site is relevant to my interests, I have no clue what I am going to do the big site about though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26 December, 2010, 08:45 AM
  2. Count to 2011 before 2011
    By 22_22 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 28 June, 2010, 13:33 PM
  3. [WTS] You Don't Get A Better New Year SEO Gift - $29 link building combo
    By ChillingBreeze in forum Services
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15 March, 2010, 06:10 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •