Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: SMS to purchase SHARE ?

  1. #1
    SonnyCooL's Avatar
    SonnyCooL is offline HeeHa
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melb/Malaysia
    Posts
    920
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 92 Times in 78 Posts

    SMS to purchase SHARE ?

    Using SMS to purchase real time share (real time transaction), what you guy think ?
    Need some opinion ...

  2. #2
    Will.Spencer's Avatar
    Will.Spencer is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,010
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,258 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyCooL View Post
    Using SMS to purchase real time share (real time transaction), what you guy think ?
    Need some opinion ...
    I don't think I understand what you are asking?
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  3. #3
    xxtoni's Avatar
    xxtoni is offline xxtoni
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    353
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 42 Times in 34 Posts
    If you are referring to buying stock,I don't think that buying shares over SMS is really such a good idea,I can see some real security issues that could come from this,and besides in trading there isn't something like "real-time" even if you call your broker over phone,it takes him some time to buy the shares on your behalf...But I am not sure he was talking about this...

  4. #4
    SonnyCooL's Avatar
    SonnyCooL is offline HeeHa
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melb/Malaysia
    Posts
    920
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 92 Times in 78 Posts
    hahahha ....
    almost forget abt this thread, is about purchase live stock via mobile phone (SMS way not browse/wap)

    That a few company here plan to startup eshare or something allow user to purchase live stock thru mobile phone, but i was thinking the opposite way, due to security, browser compatible, frequent update and so on ....

    My plan of SMS live purchase will be :
    1. Buyer Register New Account with us thru SMS gateway.
    2. Live result from KLSE and STI via web and WAP, with purchase code.
    3. Purchase via sms gateway. (cost cheaper and tight security compare web browse)

  5. #5
    xxtoni's Avatar
    xxtoni is offline xxtoni
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    353
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 42 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyCooL View Post
    hahahha ....
    almost forget abt this thread, is about purchase live stock via mobile phone (SMS way not browse/wap)

    That a few company here plan to startup eshare or something allow user to purchase live stock thru mobile phone, but i was thinking the opposite way, due to security, browser compatible, frequent update and so on ....

    My plan of SMS live purchase will be :
    1. Buyer Register New Account with us thru SMS gateway.
    2. Live result from KLSE and STI via web and WAP, with purchase code.
    3. Purchase via sms gateway. (cost cheaper and tight security compare web browse)
    Well if you can create a reliable system and security isn't a problem,then good luck,it could be something...

  6. #6
    SonnyCooL's Avatar
    SonnyCooL is offline HeeHa
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melb/Malaysia
    Posts
    920
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 92 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xxtoni View Post
    Well if you can create a reliable system and security isn't a problem,then good luck,it could be something...
    ain't that easy .... we have a beta test run at the moment but it seem like very hard to do so ..

  7. #7
    xxtoni's Avatar
    xxtoni is offline xxtoni
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    353
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 42 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyCooL View Post
    ain't that easy .... we have a beta test run at the moment but it seem like very hard to do so ..
    Well nobody said it would be easy,developing the system might not be just the hardest part,you should consider how much users you would need to make it worth the trouble...

  8. #8
    Will.Spencer's Avatar
    Will.Spencer is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,010
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,258 Posts
    Isn't SMS trivial to spoof?
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  9. #9
    xxtoni's Avatar
    xxtoni is offline xxtoni
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    353
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 42 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    Isn't SMS trivial to spoof?
    I also raised the point of security,but I guess he found some way to make it more secure...maybe SSL for SMS

  10. #10
    abeltenny0210 is offline Unknown Net Builder
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But as business out of your country. Can SMS accept payment?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How do you feel about Oracle's Sun purchase
    By ruben in forum Programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 9 May, 2010, 22:07 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8 January, 2010, 15:35 PM
  3. Your feedback needed on a laptop purchase!
    By DomainMagnate in forum Tech-Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 25 July, 2009, 19:36 PM
  4. Online purchase
    By GeeOne in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 28 April, 2009, 13:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •