Starting On The Web Full Time in 2010 ?
Is it daunting ?
No it can be done but it always takes hard work and focus
Is it too late to start now?
No, in life it is never too late, but you do need to be innovative and flexible
Is it possible to make money?
Yes, and after being on the net full time since 1995. I can confirm in my opinion there are more opportunities to make money in 2010 than ever
Now for the DOWNSIDE – Problems happen
Not saying it is going to happen to you, but it happens to many!
It occurred with me in a big way in 2009
I had a very bad fall in the street breaking some ribs
I then had and still have severe problems with my skin, arguably down to stress
So these 2 events on top of reduced revenue and many business problems, meant I was looking into an abyss
I had to survive and turn the DOWNSIDE around
Not helpful at this point to refer to many more negatives but they do occur
You have only one option get up every morning and work and difficult as it is steer clear of the negatives
FOCUS YOUR WORKING DAY EXCLUSIVELY ON POSITIVES
- Work at least 8 hours a day 7 days a week (or the maximum you can)
- Set a monthly minimum revenue target
- Work on the number of mini modules (tasks) that you can manage and process effectively
- If you cannot process completely a process …ie it is task that requires daily input… then make the time to update daily eg If 1 Hour set the time aside and implement daily and never miss a day
- Never get behind man manage your daily hourly input
- Remember the essence of the net is to be proactive not reactive
- So be proactive as you are winding down your work completed today, start thinking about the positive inputs for your work the next day
- The going is tough right now in 2010 so!
- When the Going Gets Tough The Tough Get Going
Upside – Business is doing well and Profitable Revenue is being made
That’s great but never forget times are not always going to be good, regardless of your ability, optimism and focused input – Never let up keep on going!
Good Luck to All
If you have found this OP useful, but you want some more detailed advice send me a PM and if I can help I will
I can certainly assure you that you must never give up!
Last edited by britishguy; 30 January, 2010 at 06:24 AM. Reason: edit text bold
britishguy (30 January, 2010)
That is when you need to take a break. Good thing about the internet is you can take a break. I have been relaxing since christmas, I'm going to start coding and working again on monday. I feel refreshed and in the mood again for it.I read somewhere about bloggers were having heart attacks due to working long hours. Working 8 hours a day for 7 days a week is more productive than 5 days at 12 hours a day.
I didn't lose any money taking a 5 week vacation. Nice.
Submit new proxies -
Here are a couple of things I really like about this business:
- It's incremental. Every day you can do some small thing to build your web empire.
- It's flexible. There are thousands of things I could do to build my web empire today, and I get to choose which ones to work on.
Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
Pete, hope you're doing ok, man. Been a long time. Add my new messenger ID. Will PM.
I am also a writer for Serpholic Media. You can find some of my articles here: Serpholic Media Blog
For information about personal fitness and training, visit: Berlintotrain - Personal Fitness Trainer in Berlin, Germany
Mike Dammann (5 February, 2010)
You've been doing this full time for 15 years? Wow. I've been doing it for just 5, and I'm not sure how much longer I can go. It's hard to make a living online, especially since there's the whole economic crisis situation going on.