Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Car Portal question

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Car Portal question

    s that possible i create a car portal with
    Car review
    Car DB (previous car model, prices, spec and bla)
    Car store (my product)
    Car Classifieds


    what type of script should i use ? or any one care to show me any direction ??

  2. #2
    Hmmm, it helps to know if its a product you're making or having someone make for you to make a good rec.
    Cheers,
    James

  3. It's definitely possible. You will either have to choose a CMS with some pretty heavyweight extensions (Drupal, Joomla, maybe Wordpress) or you will have to bridge together multiple scripts.
    • Reviews - You can write these in anything - Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress, vBulletin 4.x, etc...
    • DB - You could write these as articles, or you could create a custom DB for enhanced searching, sorting, and comparison options.
    • Store - What do you mean by "my product"?
    • Classifieds - I would search for classified ad extensions for Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress, and vBulletin 4.x.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    It's definitely possible. You will either have to choose a CMS with some pretty heavyweight extensions (Drupal, Joomla, maybe Wordpress) or you will have to bridge together multiple scripts.
    • Reviews - You can write these in anything - Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress, vBulletin 4.x, etc...
    • DB - You could write these as articles, or you could create a custom DB for enhanced searching, sorting, and comparison options.
    • Store - What do you mean by "my product"?
    • Classifieds - I would search for classified ad extensions for Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress, and vBulletin 4.x.
    thanks ... only problem is not familiar with Joomla
    Yah DB part is some how crack my head, I'm not sure which script is providing Product compare, Custom search and bla .......
    My initial plan was, using WPMU (which i more familiar) but i worry abt the search and complicated user interface.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by SonnyCooL View Post
    thanks ... only problem is not familiar with Joomla
    Lots of other options.

    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyCooL View Post
    My initial plan was, using WPMU (which i more familiar) but i worry abt the search and complicated user interface.
    Let's start there...

    Reviews - Not a problem for Wordpress
    Classifieds - Take a look at wp-classified and Another Wordpress Classifieds Plugin.
    DB - Maybe you could store the data with ES Custom Fields Interface and search it with WP Custom Fields Search?
    Store - What do you mean by "my product"? What do you want these pages to do?
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    Lots of other options.



    Let's start there...

    Reviews - Not a problem for Wordpress
    Classifieds - Take a look at wp-classified and Another Wordpress Classifieds Plugin.
    DB - Maybe you could store the data with ES Custom Fields Interface and search it with WP Custom Fields Search?
    Store - What do you mean by "my product"? What do you want these pages to do?
    sorry for confusing ....
    store will be my market place where i sell my car product

  7. Quote Originally Posted by SonnyCooL View Post
    store will be my market place where i sell my car product
    Ah! How many different products will you sell?
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  8. With just a few products, you might not need a major eCommerce solution.

    But... still... you might look at WP e-Commerce.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    With just a few products, you might not need a major eCommerce solution.

    But... still... you might look at WP e-Commerce.
    that is what i think of .....
    i plan to install one wp as main with car review and store, second as old car spec, third new car spec + prices, fouth for wall paper, fifth for classified ....

    u think that will cause me any trouble in the future ?? and also worry abt the custom search at front page ....

  10. Quote Originally Posted by SonnyCooL View Post
    i plan to install one wp as main with car review and store, second as old car spec, third new car spec + prices, fouth for wall paper, fifth for classified ....
    Hmmm... why not install all of the plugins into the same instance of Wordpress -- for maximum integration?
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [WTS] FlashDDL.com - DDL Portal + Design + DB + BONUS
    By ChaoscripT in forum Sites
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4 August, 2010, 20:11 PM
  2. Portal Chamber
    By lorcan in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25 April, 2010, 17:27 PM
  3. Portal mod why would you get that for your site ?
    By StephenM in forum Community Software
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 26 March, 2010, 23:36 PM
  4. news portal. Looking for the right software
    By Mike Dammann in forum Managing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30 August, 2009, 02:55 AM
  5. Internet Portal for review
    By nasis in forum Site Reviews
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11 March, 2009, 10:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •