Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: What do you expect?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Financial Planner Campus View Post
    Patient, friendly, delete unnecessary posts but warn the member before banning him/her. It will also be good if the member is being offensive, the mod should advise that person how to improve his posting.
    There is no negotiation with spammers. No warnings too. If someone gets hurt beside, then he can consider himself as collateral damage.
    We are not dp nor any similar web master forum. Generic, faceless people are endangered species here.

    btw Now to check your posts...

  2. #22
    Like that....we are not dp....hahahahaha

    I hope this forum never gets 5% as bad as dp is.

    How to tell a person is from dp?
    When in the BST forums here and other forums he asks "can I have a review copy?".

  3. #23
    I noticed that there seems to be an assumption that everyone is familiar with Digital Point forums, I only go there as a result of checking out a search engine result. For me, the abbreviation "dp" means something entirely different. LOL

    On another forum I noticed lots of people asking for review copies of products, and I always wonder how many of these people will post a worthwhile review (ideally on their own blog). Actually, they don't as I scan later posts.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    rochdale, uk
    Posts
    28
    from my forums staff room

    "The moderators of The Most Haunted Forum have duties that need to be done.

    1. Check Moderator Control Panel for any reported posts, PM reports, or posts that need to be approved.

    2. Read through the forum and deal with any posts which are breaking the rules

    3. Create threads and posts when the forum seems inactive

    The ideal moderator for this forum is someone who is fun and friendly, and not too strict. Members come here to have fun, and on the old Most Haunted fan forum that closed ages ago, that most of the members remember, the atmosphere on the forum was spoiled by moderators who were too strict and impersonal. They never posted at all except for when a member broke the rules, and would appear from nowhere to give warnings or edit posts. That is not the sort of moderator we want.

    Mods should be friendly and try to get involved with threads in a non-moderator like way (like they were a normal member), and try to make friends with the members. They dont need to be reminded all the time that you are a moderator-the colour of your username tells them that!"
    Kayls-Most Haunted Forum Admin

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Hellas View Post
    There is no negotiation with spammers. No warnings too. If someone gets hurt beside, then he can consider himself as collateral damage.
    We are not dp nor any similar web master forum. Generic, faceless people are endangered species here.
    That's quite a stance, but I agree. It's honestly getting hard to differentiate these generic faceless people from bots. As for collateral damage people, I suppose they can make an appeal and prove they were banned wrongly if they care to participate.

    Quote Originally Posted by kayls View Post
    Mods should be friendly and try to get involved with threads in a non-moderator like way (like they were a normal member), and try to make friends with the members. They dont need to be reminded all the time that you are a moderator-the colour of your username tells them that!"
    Agreed, although while participating and being friendly they do still have to maintain some level of neutrality to avoid being perceived as biased when they do the moderator-work.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by kayls View Post
    from my forums staff room

    The ideal moderator for this forum is someone who is fun and friendly, and not too strict. Members come here to have fun, and on the old Most Haunted fan forum that closed ages ago, that most of the members remember, the atmosphere on the forum was spoiled by moderators who were too strict and impersonal. They never posted at all except for when a member broke the rules, and would appear from nowhere to give warnings or edit posts. That is not the sort of moderator we want.

    Mods should be friendly and try to get involved with threads in a non-moderator like way (like they were a normal member), and try to make friends with the members. They dont need to be reminded all the time that you are a moderator-the colour of your username tells them that!"
    I recognise myself partly here. I tend to appear out of nowhere. Also I am strict, so usually punishment will be deletion of all member posts. However once member passes in my eyes as regular members, he can do almost whatever he want and worst thing can happen is deletion of his "whatever he want" posts. Mainly because the mentioned member somehow earned respect that he is not spammer. Offcourse I said almost, since this is not democracy. Forum has its owner and rules, moderators are just pursue written policies and for serious cases of rule breaking all moderators cooperate together. That can differ only if emperor Dusan says different .

    Your forum and this forum are only similar both being the "forums". As a top webmaster forum we receive lot of people which don't have intention of being legitimate members interested for fun and socialisation, learning or sharing of knowledge. Instead they think how to get backlinks from signature or somewhere else. So we need to be strict and harsh to a new members in goal to protect our existing members. Saying that I dont think on bots and spam robots which probably hits you too, but on real, actual people paid for doing paid forum postings.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    rochdale, uk
    Posts
    28
    Your forum and this forum are only similar both being the "forums". As a top webmaster forum we receive lot of people which don't have intention of being legitimate members interested for fun and socialisation, learning or sharing of knowledge. Instead they think how to get backlinks from signature or somewhere else. So we need to be strict and harsh to a new members in goal to protect our existing members. Saying that I dont think on bots and spam robots which probably hits you too, but on real, actual people paid for doing paid forum postings.
    i still get people who arent interested in joining the forum for chatting with eachother and stuff, they just want to use the advertising section (not bots, real people-im a moderator on a forum aimed at forum admins, and we do seem to get people who just want to advertise, who then see my forum and think its ok to advertise there too).

    that is one thing i am very strict in. i have a set of rules for what kind of sites are allowed to be advertised, a post count requirement to post a link, requirement that they have to link back to us, rule on how often they can bump their thread...and i will warn and ban people for breaking these rules.
    Kayls-Most Haunted Forum Admin

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeOne View Post
    Friends,
    What do you expect from moderators?
    Which qualities?
    High quality control and very much friendly to members!

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by iowadawg View Post

    How to tell a person is from dp?
    When in the BST forums here and other forums he asks "can I have a review copy?".
    hahahaha... I like that. lol....

  10. #30
    Maybe it's time to charge 1 USD for WTS posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by kayls View Post
    i still get people who arent interested in joining the forum for chatting with eachother and stuff, they just want to use the advertising section (not bots, real people-im a moderator on a forum aimed at forum admins, and we do seem to get people who just want to advertise, who then see my forum and think its ok to advertise there too).

    that is one thing i am very strict in. i have a set of rules for what kind of sites are allowed to be advertised, a post count requirement to post a link, requirement that they have to link back to us, rule on how often they can bump their thread...and i will warn and ban people for breaking these rules.
    I am also a writer for Serpholic Media. You can find some of my articles here: Serpholic Media Blog

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 9 July, 2010, 05:28 AM
  2. What to Expect
    By Shotgun in forum Site Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20 June, 2010, 22:28 PM
  3. Do you expect a rank career?
    By phio69 in forum Community Building
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27 May, 2010, 16:32 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19 April, 2010, 18:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •