In Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare: "More than 400 years after it was first performed, 'Romeo and Juliet' continues to appeal to modern audiences. Explain what it is about the play which accounts for its enduring popularity, focusing on two scenes in detail (Act 1, Scene 4 + Act 5, Scene 3). Comment also on the dramatic pwer of the scenes and how they contribute to the plot. Explore Shakespeare's unique and creative use of language to reveal character and to raise issues in the mind of the audience."
2nd of September 2009
Either one of the following projects:
- Following the instructions mentioned above and below, write 1000-3000 words (or more!) about the subject at hand
- Following the instructions mentioned above and below, compose a list of ideas to answer the subject at hand* (see 'Other Notes' section for an example)
- Must be unique (not even a re-write)
- Must be high quality (A-A* material on GCSE coureswork grades)
- Must mention the sources of your ideas (unless the ideas are actually from your head!)
- Must provide the first and last name of the writer I will be hiring to write this article so that I can give credit and quote from his work
- Show insight into the play's moral, philosophical ans social significance
- Show insight into the skill of Shakespeare as a poet and dramatist
- Show insight into what makes the play great
- Explore the language of the play - poetry; patterns of words and images
- Explore the play's social/historical/literary content
- Explore the reactions of an audience (nowadays and at Shakespeare's time)
- Support all your points with quotation and discussion of the language therein
- You may explain what factors made it harder for the play 'Romeo and Juliet' to survive (negative points instead of positive ones), as well. But most points should be positive
*Example of list:
" - This story is comparable to situations nowadays
- The play is easily acted, without the need for many props
- The piece is witty and therefore interesting to study
- This piece among many others by Shakespeare help understand the Shakespearian era better" etc...
Please reply with a price, which project you will be doing (the piece or the list), by when you can deliver and the quality I should be hoping for I'll be paying by PayPal if that's okay?