Importing Large Databases into PHPMyAdmin
I just had the problem of installing a database that was 16MB into PHPMyAdmin. The easiest way to fix this was to add an upload directory to PHPMyAdmin.
Steps to do this:
- Go to your PHPMyAdmin folder (under apps if using WAMP) and create an upload directory.
- Under the PHPMyAdmin folder open config.inc.php and change the variable $cfg['UploadDir'] = ''; to $cfg['UploadDir'] = 'upload';
- Copy the database sql file into the upload directory.
- Create a new database and go to import.
- There will be a new dropdown box next to web server upload directory. There you can select the file you want to import.
- Hit go!
Now the file that you wanted to import will be in the database.
Programmer, web developer and entrepreneur.