Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 189

Thread: Directory Submissions -- Results?

  1. #11
    akira07's Avatar
    akira07 is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    515
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Of course it will affect on your PR. Your PR will be increased dramatically. And of course the increasement of PR will affect to your SERP on search engine.

  2. #12
    Nic SEO's Avatar
    Nic SEO is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    498
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akira07 View Post
    Of course it will affect on your PR. Your PR will be increased dramatically. And of course the increasement of PR will affect to your SERP on search engine.
    NO. Don't throw affirmations like that when you don't have the slightiest idea of what you are talking about.

    Directories provide link that aren't in-content, therefore they have low value to the search engines' eyes., ESPECIALLY for Google which is the best to analyze wheiter a link is meaningful or not.
    Do I need to remember you that PageRank is from Google?

    You could submit your site to 1000s of directories (and to answer Simon's question, I doubt there is more PR8 than DMOZ and Yahoo) but you will see very little benefit from it. Okay, a $299 Yahoo listing can do some good on Yahoo search results, but you have to be ready to pay the price.
    Some directories provide no-follow link (mostly free ones, look for that before wasting your time suscribing).

  3. #13
    akira07's Avatar
    akira07 is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    515
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Simon said that how if submit the link in 1000. So, even the link there is less value for search engine, and mostly of them is no follow, i think there will be an increasement of PR. Ok, maybe it will not dramatically increasement.

    Just see if from that 1000, 350 is do-follow, and 100 is high PR (PR3-5), i think PR2 will be reached.

  4. #14
    lethalboom's Avatar
    lethalboom is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    550
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nic, thanks for the helpful answer, it's nice to see someone who knows what they're talking about take the liberty to do a quality post

    So, all in all, free directories are a waste of time? I mean, surely they have a little bit of benefit at least?

  5. #15
    Nic SEO's Avatar
    Nic SEO is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    498
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akira07 View Post
    Simon said that how if submit the link in 1000. So, even the link there is less value for search engine, and mostly of them is no follow, i think there will be an increasement of PR. Ok, maybe it will not dramatically increasement.

    Just see if from that 1000, 350 is do-follow, and 100 is high PR (PR3-5), i think PR2 will be reached.
    No. And if you site normallys gets 1 or 2 backlinks per week and then mysteriously get a thousand within a few hours, your site WILL get banned.

    I know, you'll argue back saying it's a good method if you are only launching a new site. And guess what will be my answer? No!
    Because you will make search engines think that your website usually gets 1000s of link everyday. And when they find out, they will nicely bitch-slap your site (SEs don't like to be fooled).



    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Nic, thanks for the helpful answer, it's nice to see someone who knows what they're talking about take the liberty to do a quality post

    So, all in all, free directories are a waste of time? I mean, surely they have a little bit of benefit at least?
    It has some benefits, but you've got to be reasonable.

    In my opinion, it is only worth to submit to DMOZ and Yahho Directory and a (very) few others.

  6. #16
    akira07's Avatar
    akira07 is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    515
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    @nic SEO
    naa
    Who is said we need to submit it all in once? We can add it in scheduled. Maybe submit to 10 directories per 2 week. This will need more longer time, but it's better than being banned by search engine.

    And also, you're wrong nic, you'll not banned, but going into sandbox. And since you not wrong at all, your site will be normal again. The exeption is if you do it with software, so, do submitting manually.

    And one question is, how about try first. Not just talking? I'm answering based on my SEO reference book. And i think it's so logical.

  7. #17
    Nic SEO's Avatar
    Nic SEO is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    498
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akira07 View Post
    And also, you're wrong nic, you'll not banned, but going into sandbox.
    You better be kidding.

    1) The sandbox is a term used the represent Google's dumpster.
    2)In fact, no one knows if it exists. It just the fact that some site which were banned from Google's search results had a second chance. This is why people think that Google has a 'place' to put your website apart when you are mean.
    2) The Sandbox effect is exclusive to Google. Therefore, the other search engines aren't as nice: they just permanently ban your site.

    Thanks for the laugh.

  8. #18
    akira07's Avatar
    akira07 is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    515
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Haha, didn't mean to kidding , it's serious

    1) even it's google term, but in SEO, people oriented is for google. So, please just focus to google :P. Mostly people already don't care for other SE
    2) I'm already said, we can explain to them about this. Because all we do is not wrong. People on MMO love to get a inbound link, so it's normal to submit into 1000 directories. As long we can make them (SE) cannot talk anymore, i think the one who will apologize is them (SE)


    Anyway, correct me if i'm wrong, all my opinion is based on the term of sandbox which i get from my literally :

    Sandbox is a place for hold a site which suspected doing spamming. The indicator is, inbound link which increased rapidly and dramatically.

  9. #19
    Nic SEO's Avatar
    Nic SEO is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    498
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akira07 View Post
    Haha, didn't mean to kidding , it's serious
    1) even it's google term, but in SEO, people oriented is for google. So, please just focus to google :P. Mostly people already don't care for other SE
    2) I'm already said, we can explain to them about this. Because all we do is not wrong. People on MMO love to get a inbound link, so it's normal to submit into 1000 directories. As long we can make them (SE) cannot talk anymore, i think the one who will apologize is them (SE)und link which increased rapidly and dramatically.
    It's scary to see how stubborned you are.


    Quote Originally Posted by akira07 View Post
    Mostly people already don't care for other SE
    Are you some kind of God? Then who are you to say stuff like that...


    Quote Originally Posted by akira07 View Post
    2) I'm already said, we can explain to them about this. Because all we do is not wrong.
    Lol, (Just had a mental picture of you writing an e-mail to Google complaining about the sandboxing of your site.)


    Quote Originally Posted by akira07 View Post
    Anyway, correct me if i'm wrong, all my opinion is based on the term of sandbox which i get from my literally :
    Sandbox is a place for hold a site which suspected doing spamming. The indicator is, inbound link which increased rapidly and dramatically.
    Thanks for proving my point, man.

  10. #20
    kapilc is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Does directory submission help?

    Hi,

    Does directory submission help?

    Any guidelines to follow?

    Thoughts please

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2 July, 2010, 19:40 PM
  2. [WTB] UK Directory Submissions
    By Commandtree1985 in forum Services
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 9 May, 2010, 14:26 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15 April, 2010, 14:55 PM
  4. [WTB] Social Bookmarking Submissions / Directory Submissions
    By Shenron in forum Services
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 28 December, 2008, 19:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •