Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Need Domain for Real Estate Blog

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772

    Need Domain for Real Estate Blog

    I need a name for a real estate blog. But all the good names are long gone. I came up with the following and like the LLLL.info the best. Any thoughts?


    LL-homes.org (LL=state abbreviation)
    LL-real-estate.biz (LL=state abbreviation)
    real-estate-state.org
    real-estate-state.biz
    LLLL.info (city,state abbreviation)

  2. I am really down on info domains right now, so I would spend a lot more effort trying to find a com/net/org that was usable. I am also feeling pretty negative right now about hyphenated domain names, so here are my ideas for avoiding that too.

    Can you add in other qualifying words, like:

    • buy (buyLLhomes, LLbuyhomes, buyhomesLL,buyhomesinLL)
    • new (LLnewhomes,newhomesLL)
    • for sale (homes for sale, LLrealestateforsale)
    • quality (LLqualityhomes, LLqualityrealestate, qualityLLrealestate)
    • townhomes (LLtownhomes)
    • custom (LLcustomhomes)
    • luxury (LLluxuxyhomes)
    • residential (LLresidentialhomes)
    • single family (LLsinglefamilyhomes)

    What about adding a prefix?

    • find (findLLhomes, findLLrealestate)
    • beautiful (beautifulLLhomes, beautifulLLrealestate)

    What about adding a suffix?

    • search (LLhomesearch, LLrealestatesearch)
    • listings (LLhomelistings, LLrealestatelistings)

    What about changing your root word away from "homes" or "real estate"?

    • property
    • properties
    • housing
    • houses
    • realty
    • realtor

    Are there other geographic terms you can use? For example, in Colorado we could typically swap out "Colorado" with "Rocky Mountain" or "Front Range." What about lakes or airports?

    What about using the county name?

    What about using the entire state name or city name instead of the abbreviations?
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    I am really down on info domains right now, so I would spend a lot more effort trying to find a com/net/org that was usable. I am also feeling pretty negative right now about hyphenated domain names, so here are my ideas for avoiding that too.
    There isn't much available outside of info domains. I like hyphenated but don't like owning them if I can't get the non-hyphenated. Hyphenated names are also difficult giving out over the phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    What about using the county name?
    The only name outside of info domains that I can find is countyproperty.net which isn't bad.
    countylistings.info
    countyrealty.info
    countyproperty.info
    countyproperty.net
    countylistingsearch.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    What about using the entire state name or city name instead of the abbreviations?
    Entire state names are pretty much gone. I'm not too hot on using a city name. The area is a group of municipalities where no city is dominant.

  4. #4
    "Realtor is a registered trademark of the National Association of REALTORS (NAR)."

    countyproperty.net sounds great.

    What about the .us extension ?



  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Loko View Post
    "Realtor is a registered trademark of the National Association of REALTORS (NAR)."

    countyproperty.net sounds great.

    What about the .us extension ?

    The .us and even .ws for the state+generic names are gone.

    Good point about trademark issues. The safetest play is location+keyword.

  6. #6
    The .us and even .ws for the state+generic names are gone.
    What a bummer. This niche is so competitive!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Loko View Post
    What a bummer. This niche is so competitive!
    Real Estate is competitive but many of the people that have the domains are not doing anything with them.

  8. #8
    I have a real estate license and there are lots of good dot com real estate names available. When the market was booming, people were registering everything they could find that was related to real estate. Today, they are no longer renewing those domains and they are expiring by the thousands. Most have never had web sites built on them.

    I just registered several domains for Arizona real estate. Go to Domain Tools' Domain search and plug in "realestate". There are over 50,000 dot com domains with the words "realestate" and the majority have expired.

    Domain Search

    You should find something that you like out of that list, Bogart.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin


  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    I have a real estate license and there are lots of good dot com real estate names available. When the market was booming, people were registering everything they could find that was related to real estate. Today, they are no longer renewing those domains and they are expiring by the thousands. Most have never had web sites built on them.

    I just registered several domains for Arizona real estate. Go to Domain Tools' Domain search and plug in "realestate". There are over 50,000 dot com domains with the words "realestate" and the majority have expired.

    Domain Search

    You should find something that you like out of that list, Bogart.
    I played around with it and couldn't come up with anything. What I'm looking for is the New York area. It seems that almost everything is gone.

    The West Coast is a couple of years in front of the East Coast in the housing crisis.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    What I'm looking for is the New York area. It seems that almost everything is gone.
    HomesInNY.net .org .biz. .us

    NYHomeSales.org .biz .info .us

    NYStateHomes.net .org .biz .info .us

    NewYorkBuysHomes.com .net .org .biz .info .us

    those are all available, don't know exactly what you're looking for but maybe some of them may help?

    Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [WTS] 10 Unique REAL ESTATE Articles - CopyScaped!
    By 5starpix in forum Content
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19 February, 2011, 14:53 PM
  2. [WTS] 10 Unique REAL ESTATE Articles - CopyScaped!
    By 5starpix in forum Content
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30 January, 2011, 20:37 PM
  3. [Free] Top Real Estate PHP Script For Sale.
    By webdesigning in forum Scripts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19 January, 2011, 14:00 PM
  4. [WTS] PR 5 Blog on Real Estate / Architecture / Property
    By Divyesh in forum Links
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6 November, 2009, 11:10 AM
  5. CMS for real estate site...for starters
    By irahat in forum Managing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26 August, 2009, 14:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •