Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Opinions on this Domain

  1. #1
    Zash's Avatar
    Zash is offline WiredStorm.com - Lightning Fast Web Hosting
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    1,137
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 121 Times in 93 Posts

    Opinions on this Domain

    I just got the domain biodegradablesunscreen.info

    I need some reviews on it - do you think it might make a good candidate for a small AdSense-ready site?

    It gets around 8k searches/month, and $1.20 ad cost with medium competition. I looked at the first page, and while some authoritative sites were there, it didn't look too bad. It's also summer, so searches may increase.

    I'm investing around $15 on the site itself (domain and articles). Do you think I should be able to earn it all back and make a worthy profit?
    WiredStorm Hosting Solutions
    █ Lightning Fast Shared and Reseller Hosting
    █ cPanel with Softaculous and 24/7 Email (Ticket) Support
    Biodegradable Sunscreen - Unblock Facebook

  2. #2
    Aziz's Avatar
    Aziz is offline no investment, no glory
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    736
    Thanks
    588
    Thanked 243 Times in 168 Posts
    that's one long domain name mate!!

  3. #3
    Zash's Avatar
    Zash is offline WiredStorm.com - Lightning Fast Web Hosting
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    1,137
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 121 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    that's one long domain name mate!!
    It is, but it's meant for the keyword - to access via search engines not directly.
    WiredStorm Hosting Solutions
    █ Lightning Fast Shared and Reseller Hosting
    █ cPanel with Softaculous and 24/7 Email (Ticket) Support
    Biodegradable Sunscreen - Unblock Facebook

  4. #4
    SaturnLight is offline Unknown Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hows google with .info? as far as seo. The site it self it looking nice

  5. #5
    howinfo's Avatar
    howinfo is offline Unknown Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaturnLight View Post
    hows google with .info? as far as seo. The site it self it looking nice

    Google does not differentiate between domain extension so basically if you do your SEO right you have as good chance to rank well with .info extension as you can with .com or .net
    Career Article Directory Get More Views for Your Articles

    Career Forum Ask Questions Find Answers

  6. #6
    Shenron's Avatar
    Shenron is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,900
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    561
    Thanked 548 Times in 368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howinfo View Post
    Google does not differentiate between domain extension so basically if you do your SEO right you have as good chance to rank well with .info extension as you can with .com or .net
    That's not true. Google does differentiate, specially .info's

  7. #7
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zash View Post
    It's also summer, so searches may increase.
    The niche should also be good in the winter time for people travelling to Mexico and the Islands.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zash View Post
    I'm investing around $15 on the site itself (domain and articles). Do you think I should be able to earn it all back and make a worthy profit?
    It seems to me that there's a lot of competition. Not that you can't 'seo' yourself to the first page. But the 7th-10th positions would receive approx 10% of the traffic. So with a 2% ctr, the revenue would be around $20 a month.

    The domain isn't bad. Perhaps you could increase the traffic with targeting longtails, article marketing and with a sister site on
    Code:
    BiodegradableSunblock.org

  8. #8
    Andy101's Avatar
    Andy101 is offline Code Otaku
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kanazawa
    Posts
    1,310
    Thanks
    177
    Thanked 308 Times in 235 Posts
    I like the keyword. Not sure about .info

    But my first thought was "what is biodegradablesunscreen"? Like I want my sunscreen to not degrade when exposed to the sun and water. And it looks like you are setting out to answer this kind of question which should help a lot with the long tail search rankings.

  9. #9
    Zash's Avatar
    Zash is offline WiredStorm.com - Lightning Fast Web Hosting
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    1,137
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 121 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    The niche should also be good in the winter time for people travelling to Mexico and the Islands.

    It seems to me that there's a lot of competition. Not that you can't 'seo' yourself to the first page. But the 7th-10th positions would receive approx 10% of the traffic. So with a 2% ctr, the revenue would be around $20 a month.
    Sounds good Honestly, there doesn't seem to be too bad of competition, compared to some other keywords I've worked with. There are a few authoritative sites on the main page (Amazon, TripAdvisor, Yahoo), but the rest just seem to have gotten there by luck, some of which don't even have on-page SEO done for the keyword.


    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    The domain isn't bad. Perhaps you could increase the traffic with targeting longtails, article marketing and with a sister site on
    Code:
    BiodegradableSunblock.org
    While Biodegradable Sunblock gets a lot less searches, I think that may not be a bad idea in terms of maybe cross-linking?


    Quote Originally Posted by Andy101 View Post
    I like the keyword. Not sure about .info

    But my first thought was "what is biodegradablesunscreen"? Like I want my sunscreen to not degrade when exposed to the sun and water. And it looks like you are setting out to answer this kind of question which should help a lot with the long tail search rankings.
    That's my aim
    WiredStorm Hosting Solutions
    █ Lightning Fast Shared and Reseller Hosting
    █ cPanel with Softaculous and 24/7 Email (Ticket) Support
    Biodegradable Sunscreen - Unblock Facebook

  10. #10
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zash View Post
    Sounds good Honestly, there doesn't seem to be too bad of competition, compared to some other keywords I've worked with. There are a few authoritative sites on the main page (Amazon, TripAdvisor, Yahoo), but the rest just seem to have gotten there by luck, some of which don't even have on-page SEO done for the keyword.
    You may be right. Many of the pages are from travel tour sites.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zash View Post
    While Biodegradable Sunblock gets a lot less searches, I think that may not be a bad idea in terms of maybe cross-linking?
    I would do a one way sitewide from Biodegradable Sunblock to biodegradablesunscreen or in context links.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6 November, 2010, 03:48 AM
  2. Opinions please, want to get first position in serps
    By elbandelero in forum Keyword Research
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23 January, 2010, 02:23 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11 November, 2009, 04:20 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29 May, 2009, 09:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •