I've been searching out exact match domains that I am very familiar with and would love to develop. However, I'm a bit unsure of what to look for exactly. I've been told to go to the google keyword tool and type in the keyword to look at the stats. These keywords get over 5,000 searches monthly, and some get over 18,000, and one gets over 50,000. The average CPC for each site in mind gets .30 cents or more.
Opinions? What else should I look for?
I've also considered buying exact match keyword domains that don't get a lot of traffic. Would it be worth it in the future, or should I pass it up?
The Secret Definitive Guide To Finding Tons of PR4-PR8 Backlinks with ease <== Boost Your Website Rankings Overnight
gavenecko (16 December, 2009)
The results from Google's tool are not always reliable is what I have learnt from experience. I check the results, buy a domain with exact matching keywords, build a website, get it amongst Top 10 and still no traffic. This domain showed over 10,000 monthly searches for the keyword!
measure your competition
use the spyfu.com free tool to see if its a worthwhile niche
1. Find out what sort of volume of traffic you would be looking at receiving, if you hit the #1 spot on Google. I recommend Google Trends & Wordtracker mashup | GTrends to do this.
2. Find out how many people are competing for this keyword. Do a Google search with quotes.
3. Compare the first 10 results with quotes to those without quotes. For a good keyword, these would not show much similarity. This shows that those ranking for the keyword without quotes are probably not trying to do so.
4. Have you heard of the majority of the sites in the top 10? If so, they are probably quite authoritative and might not be worth competing against. If you've not heard of them, perform a Whois check to find out how long they've been established. I don't imagine it would be easy for a new website to send an old website out of action.
5. How many other exact match domains are ranking on the first page? This should show you how much of a chance you've really got.