20 May, 2013, 12:31 PM
Transferring a Domain from GoDaddy to NameCheap
It was really quick to do this today for me.
Here is the process that I used:
1. Ensure that whois privacy is disabled. You need to be able to receive emails as the admin contact before you can proceed.
2. Unlock the domain at GoDaddy (via your control panel).
3. Request the transfer authorisation code via email (via your GoDaddy control panel).
4. Log into your NameCheap account and set up a Domain Name transfer request for your domain name. It checks that it is possible. Then you can pay (using a discount code).
5. Watch your email box for the instructions for links that you need to click etc.
6. Look for the "pending transfers" page in GoDaddy to approve of the transfer immediately.
7. Click on a transfer update link in your NameCheap account to get things moving more quickly.
Very soon, you will be able to administer the transferred domain name.
20 May, 2013, 16:24 PM
This helps those who have never done a domain transfer.
Also will work for any domain transfer between any two registrars.
I have always, when I sold a domain, left it up to the buyer to do any transfers.
Yes, I am lazy and the extra cost is a pain, even if the buyer pays.
26 June, 2013, 13:20 PM
Great simple tutorial. I have already transferred all my domains from Godaddy. Didn't like them and the way they upcharge for every single thing.
30 June, 2013, 22:49 PM
This is a great tutorial you put up there, thanks for the tips and information
Tags for this Thread