Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: How to get more business?

  1. #1

    How to get more business?

    Okay, so I do a lot of content writing...and some SEO on the side. Business was great for a while. I actually built my entire clientele on DP, and then started all the changes. Business has come to a complete stop...what's the problem? What happened to everybody?

    And the other question is this:

    Is NB really that much better than DP? I'm just asking because I still haven't gotten an ounce of business from here?

    Help me out and tell me what I'm doing wrong here!

    And where else can I go to get clients, forum wise?

  2. Quote Originally Posted by designknick View Post
    Okay, so I do a lot of content writing...and some SEO on the side. Business was great for a while. I actually built my entire clientele on DP, and then started all the changes. Business has come to a complete stop...what's the problem? What happened to everybody?

    And the other question is this:

    Is NB really that much better than DP? I'm just asking because I still haven't gotten an ounce of business from here?

    Help me out and tell me what I'm doing wrong here!

    And where else can I go to get clients, forum wise?
    Buddy NB is developing right now and members are joining forum . I have done one trade with GEE-One because he offered me best deal . You can get good clients if you can offer them best rates and high quality services . You can check BST section where many deals just get finishes in couple of hours . Even Mr. Will don't get any chance to grab good content on cheap rates .

    Just stay online and post cool offers , if they are good and anyone want them than you will get deals for sure .

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by badmash View Post
    Buddy NB is developing right now and members are joining forum . I have done one trade with GEE-One because he offered me best deal . You can get good clients if you can offer them best rates and high quality services . You can check BST section where many deals just get finishes in couple of hours . Even Mr. Will don't get any chance to grab good content on cheap rates .

    Just stay online and post cool offers , if they are good and anyone want them than you will get deals for sure .
    When you say "best deal" you mean the cheapest rate right?

    That's something that I find to be a problem, everybody wants cheap. Quality comes at a price at least that's how I feel. Maybe I'm in the wrong market?

    Idk, we'll see how it goes....and I know the forum is developing, but I see a lot going on here.

  4. Yes You have understood very good . You are not alone facing this problem buddy . I have seen many others in this category . Last year I was charging $6 to $10 per article on dp but because off too much competition now its very hard to get good orders on those rates . But that doesn't mean that we don't get any customer . Just we have to wait for quality customers .

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by designknick View Post
    When you say "best deal" you mean the cheapest rate right?

    That's something that I find to be a problem, everybody wants cheap. Quality comes at a price at least that's how I feel. Maybe I'm in the wrong market?

    Idk, we'll see how it goes....and I know the forum is developing, but I see a lot going on here.
    If you can offer a service which provides tangible results and can actually prove it - there will be a lot of takers for it.

    If you produce results, nobody's worried about paying more.

    If you aren't able to produce amazing results - people are just going to look for the cheapest vendor.

    Is your service good? Great! Offer a few discounted packs for members to review and show them results - i mean real results - traffic - ranking improvement and not just reports.

    If you can do that - your going to get a lot of business from me and the other netbuilders.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by designknick View Post
    I actually built my entire clientele on DP, and then started all the changes.
    I think that is your first problem: you're putting all of your eggs in one basket. If you really want more work (like, more work than you can even handle ) you need to advertise your services more heavily.

    I agree with you - quality comes at a cost. However, you have to go where people understand that. Or better yet, have them come to you.

    Do you have a website? Or a blog? If you do, why not make a portfolio and direct people there? Add some testimonials (from REAL clients and friends) to prove that you are worth your snuff, and maybe include a few articles you've written in the past.

    As far as forums go, there are just about a million webmaster forums online. Some active, some not, and all with webmasters who need content. Advertise your services like crazy (use your signature link and post and build a reputation!).

    Also, keep in touch with older clients. Ask if they know anyone looking to get work done, or if the work you did for them is performing as it should be. Build relationships (which it seems you've been trying to do ) and your money will grow. I promise.

  7. #7
    Depending on your skill, you could get into web design and graphic design in no time. You could also increase your site/ company presence by being more aggressive in your online marketing efforts.

  8. #8
    If you are good, people will come to you. All you need to do now is a lot of offline marketing and meeting the right people.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Writers need to mix it up a bit. Make article packs, theme sites on wp blogs and offer writing services. The ready made sites work well with the travel niche. All you need is a free wp template and a $1.99 .info domain.

    There aren't too many threads on NB with article packs. So there's an opening for ready made content.

    People like cheap so mix the long articles with cheaper shorter ones. Offer the aricles individually and full articlepack price.

    People are lalso lazy and don't want to hire a writer. It's much eaisier to purchase the ready made content.

    Even I was able to sell a few ready made articles here on NB.

    Quote Originally Posted by badmash View Post
    Yes You have understood very good . You are not alone facing this problem buddy . I have seen many others in this category . Last year I was charging $6 to $10 per article on dp but because off too much competition now its very hard to get good orders on those rates . But that doesn't mean that we don't get any customer . Just we have to wait for quality customers .
    The US economy is bad now. So some people are not spending. However, one sector that is growing is the US Government. How baout some article packs on how to get Stimulus Money, $8000 home buyer credit, Government Programs that you may not know about etc and put them in an article pack. Real Esate is another niche that making a comeback, Jobs niche is also good.

    Business Owners and Webmasters generally have more money to spend than small time publishers.

    Also note that many people are on vacation and the US Labor Day Holiday is coming up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakyheathen View Post
    Do you have a website? Or a blog? If you do, why not make a portfolio and direct people there? Add some testimonials (from REAL clients and friends) to prove that you are worth your snuff, and maybe include a few articles you've written in the past.
    I've seen people but unsold articles on a blogspot and link to it from the signature. Seems to work well.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heartbeat City
    Posts
    180
    So many people are providing article writing and SEO services. They're asking for very low service charge. So business becomes challenging. Improve your business promotional methods and try to do something unique.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to Scale Your Business?
    By javanx3d in forum Business
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 20 May, 2010, 03:35 AM
  2. Moving On in Business
    By Nathan in forum Business
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11 October, 2009, 20:28 PM
  3. Business and Ethics.
    By rome9t9 in forum Business
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 4 October, 2009, 16:49 PM
  4. A business
    By toyo123 in forum Business
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 5 September, 2009, 12:21 PM
  5. Business
    By sammy in forum Business
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12 May, 2009, 08:55 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •