Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Digg got Burried

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    498

    Digg got Burried

    Digg uses to be a great social site where its users could share the websites they'd find interesting to the rest of the world. Webmaster that were wise enough could also enhace the SEO of their site by submitting its content periodically.

    But today Digg has become a complete piece of sh**.

    No more dofollow links (that means Google won'T crawl the addresses on it anymore)
    It bans accounts with no reason
    They inflate their own stats (There are getting more and more competition from Twitter and other sites)
    The new bar actually shows a copy of your page and not the page itself (so you don't really get a hit every time someone goes on your site with it.


    Image from dwcourse.com


    What are your views on Digg?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic SEO View Post
    But today Digg has become a complete piece of sh**.
    Whilst I agree with a lot of your points, I have to say that comment was a bit harsh. Digg is still a great site, and also a great resource for webmasters. Don't knock it too much

  3. I have never been a fan of Digg. It never worked out for me :P And after reading that 65% of the homepage was controlled by certain sites, I just gave up. I really don't remember when I last visited Digg.

    Stumble Upon is wayyy kewler!
    My Blog- Let's Get Talking!
    Are you on Twitter? Let's become friends!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrhad A View Post
    I really don't remember when I last visited Digg.

    Stumble Upon is wayyy kewler!
    Haha, personally I've only ever visited Digg when people link to it on Twitter :P

    And, I agree SU is much cooler. I never really visit that either, but after the other day when it sent me over 150 UVs, I think I might start using it I'm still not sure why they all suddenly started coming to my site tho :P

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    And, I agree SU is much cooler. I never really visit that either, but after the other day when it sent me over 150 UVs, I think I might start using it I'm still not sure why they all suddenly started coming to my site tho :P
    haha!! Was this a week back? I had stumbled an article on Teenius :P
    My Blog- Let's Get Talking!
    Are you on Twitter? Let's become friends!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •