Every article, blog, post, website, business, has a keyword that characterizes it. These are words of particular significance because they can determine the longevity of your website and business and the amount of your revenues. Finding proper keywords for your website is not that hard anymore if you follow particular steps and tips.
- Before starting, ask important questions that will help you define the most relevant keywords: What is your site about? What are the products and services offered? What are you competitors doing? What kind of customers do you expect to have?
- It is recommended to choose the keywords with the lowest possible competition. According to experts it should be less than 50K, because otherwise rankings could prove a complete nightmare. If you get a keyword with less than 10k you will probably rank highly in Google.
- Keywords should be well targeted, but not too much. Highly targeted keywords are hard to rank and reduce your target group options. Keywords are supposed to drive traffic to your website. If you choose way too complicated words you will waste your time and money.
- Use web services that can help you fetch proper keywords. Traffic Travis is, for instance, a great keyword suggestion resource for your SEO and marketing campaign. Using the free software you can fetch 200 keywords, although there is a paid version that allows you to get additional ones. The Digital Pont Keyword Suggestion is another application that analyses keywords and gives you the best possible results. Google Sets allows you to type some words and generate a list of pertinent keywords.
- Use Google Keyword Tool: this is another useful tool by Google which allows you to get numerous keywords, using the appropriate synonyms. You can get keywords by Website content or by Descriptive words.
- Once you have your keywords try to check what the competition is. There is a very useful tool, called Traffic Estimator that allows you to estimate the traffic you will get for every keyword.
- Keep in mind that short keywords are usually not easy to rank. You should be prepared and have several alternatives. Using Long Tail Keywords, formed by two or more words, will help you decrease the competition.