[G2SEO] | Part-5: Keyword Research
After reading this part of the guide, you will be able to create a list of possible search terms your audience uses and to calculate the number of actual searches for each term
Step 1: Brainstorming
- What do you offer? Is it services, products of just pure information? Use generic terms.
- Is the a keyword in your site's name?
- What is your location? You can optimize your site depending on where you are situated geographically.
- Put yourself in the searcher's place. Be realistic, what would terms would they use?
- Use variations.
Step 2: Are you missing something? Find other Keywords.
- Ask someone else; working with other people often pays off.
- Visit other sites, such as forums, news websites (and why not a joutnal or a magazine) to see what terminology they are using to describe your product or services.
- Directly ask your users' opinion (try using a poll).
Step 3: Hey, there are tools too, you know.
There are several keyword research tools available online (either free or paid).
Here's a small list of the tools you can try. You can try them all, but usually, the one from Google is enough.
Part 6 is on the way. ;)