Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: How to put ads on a facebook fan page?

  1. #1
    hendricius's Avatar
    hendricius is offline The Interwebs are mine!
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    527
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 50 Times in 37 Posts

    How to put ads on a facebook fan page?

    Facebook is a very popular and proven place to get traffic. Till the day am getting good number of hits from the fan pages to my site. One of my Pages in facebook has just crossed a thousand fans. [I did a hard job and spent lots of money for achieving this]

    Can anybody tell how to put ads on facebook fan pages? Any idea. is it simple wall posts or links? Or else what?

    Thanks in advance.
    Follow me on Twitter: @hendricius

  2. #2
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Facebook has a PPC advertising program. In order to post ads on fan pages, you need to sign up with the Facebook program. There is an application and selection process. There is also no guarantee your ads will appear on your fan page, although you might be able to work something out with the Facebook advertising team. Here is the link:

    http://www.facebook.com/advertising/

  3. Thanked by:

    m42 (14 August, 2009)

  4. #3
    hendricius's Avatar
    hendricius is offline The Interwebs are mine!
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    527
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 50 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    Facebook has a PPC advertising program. In order to post ads on fan pages, you need to sign up with the Facebook program. There is an application and selection process. There is also no guarantee your ads will appear on your fan page, although you might be able to work something out with the Facebook advertising team. Here is the link:

    http://www.facebook.com/advertising/
    Hi friend, you are mistaken. I was talking about how to post ads from the guys who shows interest to put their ads on the fanpage of mine.

    Some of my friends has showed interest to put up their website's ad on my fanpage as the number of fans crossed 1000. For solving this issue only I asked that question.

    Thanks for the reply though.
    Follow me on Twitter: @hendricius

  5. #4
    m42's Avatar
    m42
    m42 is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    725
    Thanks
    686
    Thanked 493 Times in 299 Posts
    Bogart is not mistaken.

    Be it third party or direct marketing, all advertisers have to form an agreement with Facebook. Facebook has become stringent regarding quality control, especially since third party apps tend to have their own advertisers. Regardless, all ads have to adhere to Facebook terms of service.

    Since you are talking about posting direct ads and not a third party application with ads, bogart's answer is correct. You or your advertiser will need to apply to the Facebook ads program.
    (

    Diet Fads

  6. Thanked by:

    bogart (14 August, 2009)

  7. #5
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hendricius View Post
    Hi friend, you are mistaken. I was talking about how to post ads from the guys who shows interest to put their ads on the fanpage of mine.

    Some of my friends has showed interest to put up their website's ad on my fanpage as the number of fans crossed 1000. For solving this issue only I asked that question.

    Thanks for the reply though.
    I got the information from a good source

    Why do you believe I am mistaken?

  8. #6
    hendricius's Avatar
    hendricius is offline The Interwebs are mine!
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    527
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 50 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m42 View Post
    Bogart is not mistaken.

    Be it third party or direct marketing, all advertisers have to form an agreement with Facebook. Facebook has become stringent regarding quality control, especially since third party apps tend to have their own advertisers. Regardless, all ads have to adhere to Facebook terms of service.

    Since you are talking about posting direct ads and not a third party application with ads, bogart's answer is correct. You or your advertiser will need to apply to the Facebook ads program.
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    I got the information from a good source

    Why do you believe I am mistaken?
    I did not mean that the information you were telling is wrong. But I was just telling you understood my thread in the wrong way.

    yeah m42, you are right as you said in their TOS its shown that all the ads should be followed Certain specifications and FB is very strict on that.

    But still am confused. I have been seeing many threads and posts in other forums asking others to put ads on their facebook fan pages. Is this the one and only way to put the ads?

    So how it will be benefit ful to me? am a bit more confused.
    Follow me on Twitter: @hendricius

  9. #7
    m42's Avatar
    m42
    m42 is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    725
    Thanks
    686
    Thanked 493 Times in 299 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hendricius
    But still am confused. I have been seeing many threads and posts in other forums asking others to put ads on their facebook fan pages. Is this the one and only way to put the ads?
    Have you considered PM'ing those people to find out how they did it? Did they just post to threads in the fan pages?

    Quote Originally Posted by hendricius
    So how it will be benefit ful to me? am a bit more confused.
    The benefit: You are still targeting your fans base.

    Per bogarts response earlier, advertisers enrolled in the Facebook program are capable of purchasing targeted ad space. As of July 15th, Facebook has implemented filters that allow advertisers to target users who are connected to specific pages, events, groups, or applications.

    Your ads will target the users not the fan page. Hence, the statement that there are no guarantees the ads will appear on your page.

    There are also no guarantees:

    1. Other people's ads will not appear on your page.
    2. Your ads won't appear on other pages frequented by the people who connect to your page --the people you will likely be targeting if you take this route.
    (

    Diet Fads

  10. Thanked by:

    bogart (15 August, 2009)

  11. #8
    hendricius's Avatar
    hendricius is offline The Interwebs are mine!
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    527
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 50 Times in 37 Posts
    hi,

    One of the face book page of mine is having more than 1000 fans. It is very popular and am getting some good traffic from the same page to my websites. I got this by placing wall posts and by sending updates with link to my website to the fans of the page.

    Some of the friends who are having websites showed interest in my facebook fan page and asked me whether am ready to show/put their ads on my facebook fan page.

    I don't know how to put their ads on my facebook page except doing wall posts of them. Please give good advice.
    Follow me on Twitter: @hendricius

  12. #9
    Will.Spencer's Avatar
    Will.Spencer is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,010
    Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,259 Posts
    I'm a little confused here.

    hendricus, which statement more accurately describes your goal:
    1. I have a Facebook page and I want to sell ads on it
    2. I have a product or service and I want to promote it by advertising on Facebook


    Does Facebook allow you to monetize your profile pages by selling ads on them?
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  13. #10
    hendricius's Avatar
    hendricius is offline The Interwebs are mine!
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    527
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 50 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    I'm a little confused here.

    hendricus, which statement more accurately describes your goal:
    1. I have a Facebook page and I want to sell ads on it
    2. I have a product or service and I want to promote it by advertising on Facebook


    Does Facebook allow you to monetize your profile pages by selling ads on them?
    hi dear will, the first one is what I was telling in the whole thread. I tried to convince them but they did not understand what I meant .

    Do you have any Idea. Thanks btw for having a look at the issue.
    Follow me on Twitter: @hendricius

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Facebook blank page
    By Kaustubh in forum Web Proxies
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11 January, 2011, 15:24 PM
  2. [WTS] Another Small Facebook Page!
    By EvanP in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29 August, 2010, 11:29 AM
  3. [WTS] Small Facebook Page!
    By EvanP in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 3 August, 2010, 16:33 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26 April, 2010, 10:02 AM
  5. Make a Facebook page for your blog
    By adrian88 in forum Social Networks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 25 August, 2009, 10:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •