This is a really nice thread.
I think adding 'call-to-action' graphics are a GREAT help.
MiniSiteFrog was saying that they can dramatically increase your sales.
People seem to let writing fall by the wayside when it comes to the internet. Let's face it - persuasive writing sells, and if you don't know how to write persuasively, you're going to fail.
Here are the facts - to write a convincing advertisement, you need to structure your page to pull people in, give them facts and figures that are extremely appealing, and be sure to offer them a solution.
1) Use percentages instead of specific numbers if need be. Percentages are relative, which provides truth in advertising, but not the despair of a probability.
2) Use testimonials, analogies, and personal examples. The more you can present the product in context, the more people will want to buy it.
3) Offer a clear solution. List common problems and describe how your product will help.
What do you think is most important when writing ad copy? What are some good and bad practices?
The strategy is effective, and i'm become victiom of ads like that. For point no.2, there is many product sell on internet, using fake testimonial in their sales letter. How can i know if the testi is fake/no?
I wanna detail of the testimonial, but owner of that site make a reason, personal data is a secret.
About point no.3 , of course
Personal data is secret, yes, but in general, a fake testimonial will lack specific details. "John Kennedy FROM (such and such)" will be missing. Instead you'll just get "John Kennedy." As well, they well be structured in the same way.
As with anything, make sure to get reviews.
But there is a people use like this :
John kennedy, firstname.lastname@example.org, from Highway Street Man*** no.101
Still, it's hard to know which is fake/no :P
I think you've listed a couple of the things that are essential, but along with that we might add:
- Originality: Make yourself different from competition. That way you'll catch more your audience's attentioncompare to others.
- Support: If your potential clients see that you CARE about them, the odds that they buy in are undeniably higher.
-NicolasTHOU SHALL NOT POST-PADhttp://www.webmasterpeers.com//image...teammember.gif
Member of the Month - April
is needed since we want real testimonial, but yeah, just like i'm already said, to prove the testimonial is fake/no, is hard. Even email address and address is listed, but it's censored because privacy reason