Would anyone mind sharing with me the steps you took to start making money from your blogs?
The steps that I would personally identify with monetizing a blog would be;
1) Identifying a niche based primarily on something that are interested in, and can really well about. Make sure you can do something slightly different to everyone else to capture interest.
2) Make sure that niche is commercial enough to make a profit - enough search volume, decent adsense cpc etc. No point in starting a business unless you can make money from it, unless it is strictly a non-commercial blog.
3) Get the site designed and built - Wordpress blog with a suitable theme, ad ready etc and any customisations for me personally.
4) Start writing quality content for the site, and if you can't write enough pull in some decent content from elsewhere to keep it frequently updated.
5) Promote the site - build links, comment on blogs, exchange links with sites in your niche guest blog, promote in the real world where applicable etc.
6) When site performs and has a decent readership etc - monetize. Get some adsense blocks, ebay partner network, sell blogroll links depending on how far you want to push it etc
7) Keep reviewing what works well and continually improve. Make sure the content remains on point and don't get sloppy.
Does that sound like a reasonable list of steps?